“Best gelato in Florence”

Gelateria La Carraia
Ranked #8 of 236 Dessert in Florence
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: San Frediano
Description: We would like to remind our customers that gelateria La Carraia will be closed on January and will reopen on the 1st of February 2019. We look forward to see you then!
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had gelato here every day for over a week - I had two different flavours each time and every flavour I had was delicious - and it's only 1.5Euro

Date of visit: June 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,939)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent 2 days in Florence and ate a fair few gelato's and this place was the best by far. Amazing ice cream that made us disappointed with the others. Don't waste your money buying gelato from anywhere else. You will only feel cheated by the price and the taste and return here. Not only was his the best for taste but also for price. Only €1.50 for a small cone and then for a large €3. A must try is the cheesecake flavour. Mmmmmm.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We visited this place twice while we were visiting Florence, the first time because we were looking for some gelato and this place had a queue out the door we thought we would give it a try. I'm so glad we did, it's fantastic value for money and the gelato is simply divine I wish I could have had more than I did!

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Good selection of flavours, but it is the quality of the gelato that's outstanding. Creamy and flavourful, natural and rich, not sugary at all. Generous scoops and unbelievably cheap for the quality.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Well worth the walk - great flavors, great prices. Had banana, stracciatella (like chocolate chip - my husband's favorite), coffee, cherry, tiramisu & all good. Everyone friendly & helpful.

Date of visit: October 2013