“Excellent gelato by the bridge”

Gelateria La Carraia
Ranked #5 of 217 Dessert in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Free Wifi, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
North, South Carolina
“Excellent gelato by the bridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

One of top two we found in six days in Florence--definitely worth visiting. Between this and Santa Trinita, it's a toss-up. Go to both and decide for yourself!

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield, Missouri
“By far the BEST gelato in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We love gelato, so at our first opportunity we went to Gron (recommended by Fodor's as the best in Florence). Frankly, we thought it was just "OK". Then, a local guide recommended Gelateria La Carraia (he said it was all homemade) and we were so blown away that we went there two days in a row and had HUGE cups the second day! The vanilla with chocolate bits (Strattiatorre or something like that) was unbelievable. Plus, the workers were SO nice --- they didn't just try to herd you through as quickly as possible.

Milan, Italy
“The tried and tested BEST icecream in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the first places I went to for icecream when I moved to florence. And I must say, I tried ALL of the other ones I could fine, others that were recommended to me, had good reviews etc. NONE of them matched the depth and intensity of the flavour they manage to obtain at carraia. I dont understand how it is possible for them to get more chocolate flavour than an actual chocolato bar. Assuredly not artificial. But please dont take my word for it. GO AND TRY IT! No icecream will ever taste the same again.

Surfside, Florida
“Fab First night in Florence dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Pistachio is my favorite & this Gelateria has a white chocolate/pistachio mix that was delish. Even though I am usually a purest, I highly recommend stopping in here IF you can get in. My husband had 2 scoops, coffee and dark chocolate, and enjoyed his very much as well.

London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Recommended to us and we were not disappointed. We had 2 flavours in a cone for 2 Euros- mixed berries and pistachio with something. Fantastic combination and slightly crunchy from the nuts. We will return if possible!