“The queue shows you how good it is”

Gelateria La Carraia
Ranked #6 of 212 Dessert in Florence
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The only ice cream shop in Florence which has a queue of 25+ people

Amazing flavours at a really good price.

I don't usually review gelatorie but this one is so good. Soft and full of natural flavours.

5  Thank CEGriffiths
Write a ReviewReviews (2,638)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I'm quite a big fan of gelato and so I guess I know a little about it. Found this place by chance, it was hot and we still has a lot of time to waste till our train left. Looked quite empty but I decided to take my chances. Best gelato so far. A must try!

2  Thank Bogdan S
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband enjoyed his so much he said it was going to make him hallucinate! Creamy and flavourful - the best we had on our trip (and we had a lot!) Friendly service and good prices as well. And a great location - right at the waterfront to enjoy while people-watching on the bridge or walking along the river. If our travels take us back to Florence, we'll definitely go again - and more than once!

1  Thank newtraveler0910
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Unbeatable value in Florence - always a queue of locals as well as tourists and what could be nicer than eating your delicious ice cream on a bridge in Florence with a view of the Ponte Vecchio at night? Irresistible in every sense ! The ice-cream is freshly made every day with flavours that change with the seasons - watch out for uvo di fragole- sweet grapes that taste like strawberries - only available for the 2 weeks a year when they are harvested in September - sensational!

1  Thank penny_howard1
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We ate at over 20 gelato places in Florence during our visit and Carraia was in our top three! We will definitely visit again!

1  Thank misopiso88