“Wanna be Italiano! Florencetown.com Cooking”
Review of Wanna be Italiano!

Wanna be Italiano!
Book In Advance
More Info
$93.65*
and up
Small-Group Italian Cooking Class with Florence Market Tour in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Our classes are offered as a view into a typical Tuscan cuisine. Classes are small and intimate. First step: grocery shopping at the central market!! You will go shopping with the chef at the central market picking up the ingredients for your lunch. You will meet the butchers, the bakers, and the farmers selling vegetables from their gardens. You will learn how to distinguish the highest quality ingredients and as an added bonus, how to bargain! You will taste local foods & wines. After this fun experience you will reach the house and start the lessons in a private kitchen. A true hands-on experience, and you will prepare your own meal, made of Bruschetta, Fresh Home-made Pasta, and a main course, accompanied with a selection of Chianti wines. As you will eat your own food, you’d better be an attentive student while the Chef is teaching!
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wanna be Italiano! Florencetown.com Cooking”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm such a curmudgeon and skeptic and went to this class only because it was our anniversary and the mrs. wanted to take part. Geez, did Giovanni change my perspective and turned this experience into one of the most enjoyable travel experiences of my life.

Giovanni is the head mo-fo in charge of this gig and you're glad of it because of his depth of knowledge and desire to share it. He treats everyone with equal parts of challenge, love and humor. He has relationships with great vendors in the wonderful central market that taught us about oils, vinegars, cheeses, produce and meats, all local vendors and often with farms where the produce and beef are sourced.

The cooking was fun, especially sharing it with other newbies from other parts of the country. The recipe for Bolognese sauce was so astounding simple yet so delicious. You will not be opening an italian restaurant when you get home, but you certainly can whip something special together for your friends whenever you desire. Giovanni gives you a recipe book with everything you made that day and a little more so absolutely no notetaking required.

Doing this day after day, it seems easy for any of these guys to simply mail it in, but Giovanni and his staff had their hearts and soul in it the entire day. When you get that, you get what you came for. And we did this on our first day and it got us familiar with the area, and let us chat with others who have been there longer, so you get hints and suggestions where to visit to shop and eat so i encourage you to book this on the front end of the trip if possible.

Visited May 2013

montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Cooking class in Florence...can it get any better?”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Decide to book this class when on a trip with my daughter...highlite of my trip. Started at 10am by going to the market for different tastings and to purchase the ingreadiants for our meals. Next stop was the kitchen. Spent the rest of the day learning to make tiramisu, fresh pasta, raviolis and 2 different sauces.(glass of wine always full during the lesson). Ended the day at around 4pm by eating what we made. Fantastic day!!! Very resonably priced for what you get!!

Visited February 2013
Lauderdale by the Sea
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What a fun day!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Warning! If you can not stand for about 6 hours, 4-5 in one place this may not be for you! We had a wonderful time at this class. Darling Husband had never been to a cooking class but enjoyed it throughly. The market trip was fun and the hosts were charming and very handsome. We made tiramisu, fresh pasta which we turned into a wide noodle and ravioli stuffed with spinach and ricotta, bolognase sauce and sage butter for the ravioli. By the time we were ready to sit and eat I am not the only one in our group that was ready to sit down. A bit of suggestion, offer the students a glass of water, this was along time without a drink of water, wine would be better! I would reccommend this class but be ready for a long day.

Visited September 2012
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of my trip!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I visited Florence this past month. I was giving the gift of attending this cooking class. One of the highlights of my trip! Visiting the market with two of the chefs was a treat. I visited the market several times when I was there and am so happy I was able to make my first visit with the cooking class! The cooking class itself was excellent.....we actually learned how to cook an Italian meal. I never felt that the class was touristy. I felt that the chefs were passionate about what they do and happy to share their knowledge. The class was small enough to get one on one instruction if you needed it and large enough to feel like you were having dinner with a big Italian family! I would highly recommend making this cooking class a part of your visit if you have any interest in cooking! You will be glad you did !

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Giovanni thanks for the memorable experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I attended the 'I wanna be Italiano' Cooking class on April 27,2012. I have to say to was a wonderful experience. We had a full class that day with 16 participants and it was a terrific group of people.

First we get a tour of the market, they talk to us about the different olive oils, vinaigrettes, cheeses and we got to sample everything. I enjoyed the market, it was fun and informative. We bought our ingredients that morning for our cooking class.

In class we made homemade pasta, a to die for Bolognese sauce, and Tiramisu. Everything tasted great and it was very hands on. Giovanni is very charming and a wonderful teacher. I highly recommend this class it will give you memories to last a lifetime and make your vacation that much more special.

Visited April 2012