“Beautiful Tuscany with an excellent Super Chianti Wine Tour”

Tuscan Wine Tours by Grape Tours
Ranked #2 of 149 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscan Wine Tours is a trademark by Grape Tours tour operator. We organise fun and educative 1 day wine tours starting in Florence. Super Chianti, Wines & Villas and Tasty Tuscany are full day excursions guided by our specialist guides. The tours include visits at high quality farms and lunch in a splendid location is always provided for. Wine Time is a half day tour that includes visits & tastings at 3 wineries in the Chianti Classico region including a light Tuscan meal. We also run 1 day private tours to several different wine regions, always with a wine specialist.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This 8 hour wine tour will always be one of our favorite tours while visiting Florence. Matteo was our guide and with his knowledge about the area made our day enjoyable. The ride through the rolling hills with breathtaking views made this trip wonderful. We visited two beautiful vineyards with some interesting historical background and one with the word "LOVE" up on the hill at the vineyard. You can tell their passion of wine making and the love they cherish of their land. The wine tasting at both vineyards was not rushed and you could even buy some with no pressure. Lunch was at a local butcher in Panzano with a delicious meal and wine. We picked this tour based on the excellent reviews and yes you will not be disappointed. It was worth every Euro spent. We will always have memories of the beautiful Tuscan country and we even mailed home some of their amazing wine.

1  Thank NC-TravelingCouple79
Write a ReviewReviews (2,592)
All reviews
"tuscan countryside"
in 145 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 106 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 83 reviews
in 45 reviews
"bruschetta"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My daughter and I did the private San Giamiano tour with Pierre. Pierre is an absolute expert in wine - in fact he told us that he is testing for an international certification that is given to only four or five people each year. We had a great time and highly recommend the tour.

2  Thank P C
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have been an intern out and in Northern California, and needless to say, I have quite a few wine tour experiences under my belt. This tour was by far the friendliest, most organized, and most accommodating tour I have ever been on. Our instructor at the beginning of the tour was spectacular. She was funny, engaging, and full of useful information topped with wit and humor. We had an issue with a big race being run in the city, which blocked our vans from being able to get to us on time, and yet the entire group of people was cool, calm, and collected and the tour continued without a hitch in spite of the unexpected issues. The wineries were EXCELLENT (this coming from someone who is a huge NorCal cab sav fan). I think I am a new convert to Tuscan wine as my favorite. Every wine we tasted was delicious, although there were two Chianti Riservas and a Super Tuscan that I preferred (but I won't give it away because it is all based on personal preference when the wines are all made well). The day was beautiful, the drive lovely, and the wineries themselves like a fairy tale. Also the lunch was to die for. I figured it would just be an light appetizer, like bruschetta, when they said lunch was included. No, no. It is a three or four course extravaganza of amazing tuscan food. Please, please, please consider this tour if you are in Florence. It is a great experience, and I think the best option for your money around!

1  Thank lindseytaylor921
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have to say that this was the highlight of our stay in Florence! We booked our tour, Super Chianti, for our first full day in Florence which was the best thing we could have done! Aasa was the best guide we could possibly have. She was so personable and was able to get the whole group comfortable and talking. She was so full of knowledge and was able to explain things so that it was easy to understand the processes involved in wine making. The vineyards and wineries for absolutely beautiful and so well kept considering their age. You could tell Aasa had a great relationship with the folks running the show. She took us (drove us) to two different wineries, the famous butcher shop and took us to a piazza for some gelato and shopping. The wine was the best I've ever had although now I've become a wine snob since Aasa taught us how to sample a good wine. Excellent wine, excellent cheese & preserves, the butcher shop food was so ridiculously good too. Would love to take another tour for our next trip to Italy!

1  Thank Jenna C