Tuscan Wine Tours by Grape Tours
Ranked #2 of 148 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscan Wine Tours is a trademark by Grape Tours tour operator. We organise fun and educative 1 day wine tours starting in Florence. Super Chianti, Wines & Villas and Tasty Tuscany are full day excursions guided by our specialist guides. The tours include visits at high quality farms and lunch in a splendid location is always provided for. Wine Time is a half day tour that includes visits & tastings at 3 wineries in the Chianti Classico region including a light Tuscan meal. We also run 1 day private tours to several different wine regions, always with a wine specialist.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an absolute must if you are visiting Florence. It was a rainy day and a perfect day to visit a winery. It was both educational and fun. Being back in the States, I have such a different understanding of Chianti, olive oil and how to pair it with food. The staff were welcoming, extremely knowledgeable and entertaining! Don't miss this one!!

1  Thank flamenca130
Write a ReviewReviews (2,574)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Thank you for your hospitality in Toscana. I am very impressed by rich terroir of Toscana and your personality. I have experienced several wine tour in France. You are not touristic and I like your style. Actually choice of your tour was my choice and not my family's. But our family enjoyed your tour very much and it will be our good memory in life. Thank you again.
家族4人でのフィレンツェ6泊の滞在でした。Toscan Wine Tourは、私の独断でしたが、家族もとても気に入ってくれました。ボルドー、ブルゴーニュ、ストラスブールなどのワインツアーにも参加しましたが、Pierreは観光ガイドらしくなく、商業主義的でない感じにとても親近感を持ちました。美術館や買い物、名所観光だけでは得られないイタリアの豊かさを感じることのできる、おすすめできるツアーです。

2  Thank norichanneuroradio
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was such a fun tour! My friends and I have never been on a wine tour before, and we were looking for something that could be introductory and economical. The program was extremely well organized with a great balance of wine tasting and instruction about the wine making process.
Rebecca, the program director, was extremely nice and incredibly knowledgable. I had emailed her several times with questions before registering, and she was always very timely and thorough in her responses.
Everything was very convient since it began and ended in a central part of Florence, provided transportation, and included a nice lunch.
Not only did I learn a lot and sample some great wine, but Rebecca stopped twice on our drive to the winery to first see a spectacular view of Florence, and a second time to walk around a small village.
Would highly recommend this tour, Tuscan Wine Time, for someone either looking for a well-priced option, an introduction to wine tasting, and/or wants to take a wine tour but may not have the time for a full day option.

5  Thank KTRMeow
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We took: small group wine tour.
This tour turned out to be both fun and educative.
I've seen gorgeous place, met wonderful people, learned a lot about wine (also cheese and olive oil) and had A LOT OF FUN!!!!
Thank you Pierre for making our day.

1  Thank Adelma_Pridie
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I am so glad I attended this wine tour, following advice here. Sometimes Tripadvisor can be too generous and rose-coloured in its assessments but not this occasion. This tour was outstanding.

For a start, the tour guide, Pierre, is a wine expert. Not some well wishing amateur but a genuine expert. He is near completion of a Master of Wine from the Institute of Masters of Wine, London. Despite this, he is good humoured and generous spirited, treating both novices and connoisseurs with respect and care. He communicates the intricacies of wine making with humour and patience,

The tour visits two wineries, tasting 3-4 wines each. The samples are generous, around a half glass each. The wines were of high quality, not some chianti table wine. There was no pressure to buy. The lunch was delicious, set above a gourmet butchery. Again, the portions were generous and beautifully tasty.

Pierre took us on beautiful country roads, unlike the wham-bam-thank you ma'am style of many tours. For me, this was a highlight. The Tuscan countryside was truly magnificent, a real highlight to my trip to Italy.

I could not rate this tour more highly. It was twice the price of another I did (reviewed here) but about ten times better. My one disappointment: that Tripadvisor only offers 5 stars, otherwise I'd give this company more accolades.

2  Thank Citikitty