“An amazing day guaranteed for all!”

Tuscan Wine Tours by Grape Tours
Ranked #2 of 158 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grape Tours is run by a group of enthusiastic wine lovers. We organize fun & educative 1 day wine tours starting at our office. The small group tours called Super Chianti, Vines & Villas, Chianti Tradition, Cheesy Wine Tour, Supremo Brunello, Elite Chianti are full day excursions guided by us and featuring excellent wineries in Tuscany. The tour fees (ranging from 120 to 250 euro per person) are all inclusive of visits at high quality farms and lunch in a splendid location. We want to feature only the best so you may savor Tuscany and have lifelong memories. We also can do 1 day private tours to several different wine regions featuring excellent wineries accompanied by one of our wine experts.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our time with Tuscan Wine Tours was so much more than we could have ever hoped for. Friendly and knowledgeable is an understatement. One of the best things about this tour was how accessible, educational, and fun for everyone at any level of wine appreciation. The wine was only a part of the day, which is guaranteed to be full of special surprises that will be remembered forever. This was simply a spectacular day that will make you wish they would just join you for the rest of your trip.

1  Thank jeffort
Write a ReviewReviews (2,708)
All reviews
"tuscan countryside"
in 132 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 107 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 83 reviews
in 36 reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great tour, one of the highlights of our trip. Tuscany is beautiful and the wineries we visited were very welcoming. Pierre has such a passion for his work and we really learned a lot about the vineyard which I found very interesting. The van we drove in was very comfortable and the stop for lunch was so much fun. We even learned how to sample olive oil and the stop at the village of Greve was an added treat. First class tour all the way!!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I carefully planned our dream trip to Italy for our 5th anniversary and really scrutinized our agenda to ensure that we weren't wasting a second. We booked this tour based upon the feedback from Trip Advisor and we are SO glad we did!
From the start at the meeting point, we felt embraced and welcomed. Rebecca was amazing ~ so fun and made you feel like you have been friends for years. We thought we were educated on wine, but I learned more in one afternoon with Rebecca on our wine tour, than I have in years on my own. The lunch at the butcher shop was fantastic and thanks for the vegetarian meal! (and for not telling the butcher who requested it!)
It was such a pleasurable experience - gorgeous scenery, amazing wine and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Thanks Rebecca - you are the best!

1  Thank Roggiegirl
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I took a tour with Tuscan Wine Tours last week and we were blown away. Our tour guide was Pierre and from the beginning of our tour he made all of us feel like old friends. His tour was funny, relaxed, non pretentious, and intoxicating(literally). The wines and all the food were top notch and delicious. We were hoping to also take a wine class later on in the week at their school but ran out of time. We look forward to and plan on taking another tour with Tuscan Wine Tours on our next trip back to Florence/Tuscany.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My goal was to deepen my understanding of tuscan wine and wine making methods. The tour allowed us to see both a medium-scale producer and a small organic producer, compare their sites, methods, and philosophies. Lunch at the famous butcher, Dario Cecchini's place was amazing. I really appreciated how the tour focused on organic and locally-produced products. A Maximum of eight is perfect for a tour group because it's easy to develop a report with your fellow travelers. Rebecca was a fantastic guide, using drive time to explain wine making traditions, categories, and stories. A fun day and very educational experience! I'd tour with Rebecca again and highly recomment Tuscan wine Tours.