“Very Arty Hotel”

Ranked #173 of 422 Hotels in Florence
canberra
“Very Arty Hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel appears to be run by a group of very friendly and helpful young people. The place is full of original artworks by the female partner and there are numerous objects de art and antique furniture which gives the place a homely and classy appeal. The rooms are located on the first floor which is only accessed by stairs so be prepared to carry your bags. Our room did not have a toilet but there was one close by so it was not a real issue. The shower in the room had a pathetic flow rate but we got use to wetting ourselves and soaping up. The rooms are air-conditioned which is essential in the hot sticky summer weather. Breakfast is available but at 5 Euros per person. It was basic but the coffee was made by the owner using a coffee machine at no additional cost. Wi-fi access was also provided. The location is ideal for accessing main tourist attractions and is only one block from piazza which appears to be a bus and terminus and taxi rank so getting to and from main railway station was easy. We used buses 23 and 17 (be careful as there are also 23A and 23B which are not the same as the plain 23). All up it was a very pleasant stay and good value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank greggie85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Had an okay stay at Loggia Fiorentina. There were 3 girls and we requested a room with a private shower ... not sure it was worth the extra money. The shower was free standing, about 5 feet from the beds. The only privacy offered was through a see-through partition screen. The toilet was down the hall and was often occupied by others who were showering (only one room for shared shower and toilet). The bathroom was often flooded from the stall shower. The walk from the train station was a long 15-20 minutes along narrow sidewalks barely wide enough for our luggage. However, the hotel is within walking distance to all the sites. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. They do have wi-fi but we did not get a signal in our room. For a quick and casual dinner I would recommend the apertivo at Kitsch Bar directly across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Smessen
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Don't expect a four-star hotel. After all, you're not paying that price. This small hotel is one step above a hostel, but a comfortable and charming step. The room is small but adequate. The E5 breakfast is heavy on the carbs, but that's the norm in Italy. Tile rooftop view outside our room, which because it was facing in and not onto the street, was quiet at night. There's a sink in the room, but the toilet and shower are just a couple of doors down the hallway. We never had a problem getting the bathroom when we needed it and it was kept clean. There is a computer hooked up to internet in the common area, though it's a bit slow. For those of you who are in Florence principally to see David, it's very close. And close to Mercato Centrale (Central Market) where you'll find lots of good restaurants. We stayed two nights and wish we'd had at least one more, as Florence is great for walking around. A tip: purchase your access to the Academia and Galleria Uffizi ahead of time before you board a plane to Italy.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the streets
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GastownWanderer
tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I'm not sure how anyone gives this place high ratings. It is awful. The private bathroom promised was a shower in the corner of the room and a dirty toilet down the hall. You are not able to take the keys out of the hotel, they hang on a board in the hallway so anyone staying there has access to your room. BEWARE!! This is not a hotel, but a hostel/boarding house type place. Could not get out of there fast enough.

Room Tip: choose another place to stay
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mcveg
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Loggia Fiorentina Hotel
June 28-July 5, 2011

I booked this hotel because I was able to negotiate at a price that is within my budget. I didn't know what to expect, but when I arrived there, I was greeted by Danielle, who went beyond his normal duties and helped me with my camera problem and made sure I was comfortable before he left that evening..

I was given a French-style single room that was very cozy and comfortable and even though I had a shared bathroom, it didn't pose as a burden as it is always available and kept very clean. Air conditioning works great. There is a free-of-charge metal safe in the room to use for your valuables.

It is centrally located and everything is within walking distance or bus stops, and Santa Maria Novella train station, if needed. Although they don't have an elevator, the staff will carry your suitcase on 2nd floor where the office and some rooms are located. They do have a laundry room to wash some clothes...I didn't use it so I don't know how much it costs to utilize it.

The staff (esp. Danielle, Sanjay and Pietro) all went to great lengths to make my stay comfortable and made me feel at home, like I'm part of their "little family". In the morning Pietro always make my coffee before I head on out for the day because I am not a breakfast eater. They do have a great selection of breakfast items. In the evening when I come back, they offer me a cup of tea or coffee to help me relax after a long day of walking..

I was given a lot of tips on places to see, good and inexpensive places to eat, how to get around the city and booked my tickets to museums and other tours of Tuscany. They even kept my luggage when I checked out to go to Venice for a day and when I came back, my same room was waiting for me.

The staff was always patient listening to stories I tell at the end of the day and we shared a lot of laughs. Sanjay even called one of his friends to take me to the airport very early in the morning instead of me calling for a cab. I left with a heavy heart because I left such good people but I know Loggia Fiorentina will be the place I will stay whenever I come back to Florence and will definitely recommend it to anyone who will be visiting Florence.

Thank you so much for making my stay a pleasant and memorable one.

L.Pompa

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Perth
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel was very well located, clean and the staff were absolutely lovely and accommodating. It is well decorated giving it a homely feel and the free wifi is a real bonus. I would definitely stay there on my next trip to Florence and and recommend it to anyone who is looking for excellent quality at a budget price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Our group of three women stayed here for two nights in May 2011. The directions given to us were spot-on, and it was a 20 minute walk from the train station, slightly uphill. The staff of the hotel were friendly and courteous, and gave us some good tips on sites and places to eat. We were able to walk easily down into the city center and around to the different sites (Duomo, Uffizi, Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio, etc.) We did get grumped at by the folks next door for being too loud around 11:30pm, so be wary of combining open windows and thin walls. There weren't any bathrooms on our end of the hall, so it was a bit of a hike to reach a toilet, but we did have the shower/sink combination for washing up.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends