“Great gelato”

Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Homemade Gelato shop
“Great gelato”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

They have some unique flavors worth trying...i got their limone e basilico plus the la folla, which were, in a word, great :) plus the server was really friendly, even letting me taste their award-winning pistacchio :)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cha G

• Hungarian first
London
“Best gelato in Florence”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Award winning (and deservedly so) gelateria - try the lemon & basil sorbet, the sachertorte gelato or the mandarola (orange & pistachio) gelato.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank SuzeLuxuryColumnist
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The best ice cream in Florence”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Unusual flavours (fab lemon and basil), excellent granita (almond, melon espcially good) and friendly staff. Worth seeking out.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank TimBlx
New York City, New York
“Good Gelato, cookies were the highlight”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our family thought this was a good gelato place (better than average - the rating I chose, but not VERY good - the next choice). The good gelato is accompanied by an amazing cookie they stick in the gelato. Our kids wanted more cookies! We wandered over here after visiting the Sinagogue of Florence, it was a little out of the way, but exposed us to a different part of Florence.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth10024
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great gelato BUT”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Despite the gelato being great (I tried 5 flavors) I felt the guy behind the counter completely ripped me off. He served nine other people using the individual spatulas in each tray but when my turn came he pulled out this little bittie scoop and gave me five pathetic scoops for 5.50. I'm guessing it was because I was a tourist and this place is somewhat off the beaten path but this was seriously very rude and I should have said something about it but my Italian is poor and I'm not so sure about his English. Seriously though the ice cream is good but don't get the late cone if your a tourist, you'll get the same amount in the smallest cone.

1 Thank Mapuleo