“Motorcycle friendly B&B”

B&B Il Palagetto Guest House
Ranked #54 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Good motorcycle parking on a private parking behind iron gates.
Little walk to the city center; but that is good after a day on the bike.
Excellent breakfast, very nice and friendly host, her name is Tiziana.
We can highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HCB83
rouge01, Proprietario at B&B Il Palagetto Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Herman & Christine
we are very happy to met you and your fantastic Harley Davidson motorbikes !
Our parking is perfect to guest this special motorbikes: close to the Guest House and enclosed by very high walls, with an iron gate, so very quiet & safe.
We hope to meet you again in the future
Kindest regards
Tiziana & Ruggero

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Four of us spent three nights in this very comfortable and well appointed B&B. To say the rooms were spacious, is an understatement and the one my wife and I had was not far short of a tennis court in size. This is part of a nice old villa on the fringe of the city - about 20 minutes by foot to the Ponte Veccio, - with lots of greenery around. Ruggero was very welcoming and helpful and produced an excellent breakfast every morning. There is secure parking, although at an extra cost, but well worth it for the safety. We would definitely stay here again. LeslieB England

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for a few nights and my experience was wonderful.
Ruggero is the perfect host. My room was large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was
delicious and full of options. They are very accommodating, helping with directions,
instructions, etc.... for anything that you might need.
I highly recommend B&B Il Palagetto.

JF, Architect, San Francisco

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at Palagetto for 5 nights in May. As everyone said the house is tastily decorated and absolutely spotless. Rugerro was very attentive to his guests. He printed tickets for us and was always helpful. According to my husband the Palagetto's breakfast was the best of our whole trip!! Very copious with a large selection of items, from eggs to fresh fruit cups, toasts, cheese, pasties, cold cuts, home made jam etc.

We had the Pink room, which was large and comfortable. It has a shared bathroom, which was always absolutely spotless. However if is true that the Wi-Fi does not work in the Pink room. We had to go to the common area for all our Internet needs and it was working very well there. Actually we both really enjoy the common area. It was an easy way to chat with other guests. If you are there, people stopped by and share their travel stories.

The house is located in a quiet neighborhood with fantastic views of Florence if you go walk in the streets above. If is a good 20 minutes walk from the downtown. I believe there is a local bus you can take but we never did. We really liked the neighborhood feel, buying food, coffee and pastry at the local stores. It was great to escape the bustling tourist area at the end of day and see the neighborhood life.

I would highly recommend this B&B . Thank you Rugerro!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise F
Reviewed May 12, 2013

When I was going to Florence for the second time this March there was no doubt in chosing the right place to stay. Of course, it was Il Palagetto once again. And for the second time it was a great pleasure to live there.

Ruggero kindly organized a transfer from the airport to the guest house due to my late arrival. The room ("Salvia" once again) was perfectly clean and comfortable for a single traveller like me. Speaking about comfort, i have found my room and another one i saw (for 2 person) larger than an average b&b rooms. That means a lot not only for a tall person with long legs, but practically for everyone.

B&b is located in historical center in approximately 20 minutes from Ponte Vecchio by foot. The neighborhood is very quite and you will definetely have no problems with shouting and screaming young folks and loud musiс in the night. The building itself is located in the second line of houses from the road, so you will not be bothered by cars and motorollers also. BUT! be aware of rather high slope leading from the road to the entrance of the guest house - it is located on the slope of a hill, so you will have to go up for about 100 meters. Hence if you have a broken leg - it is better to search for some other place.

Breakfasts. Don't forget to ask Ruggero or Tiziana for a cup of fresh espresso or capuccino - don't miss an opportunity to try one of the best coffies in your life ;) Food and bread for breakfast is always fresh and tasty. There are no hot dishes, but you can find everyting you need from cornflakes and yoghurt to salami and prosciutto with toasts. Try Tiziana's homemade jam! It reminds me of home really.

Hovewer, despite all advantages this place has, the most important thing that made me come here for the second time is people who own Il Palagetto. Tiziana and Ruggero are of this kind of people who really care about their guests. They are people of great kindness and hospitality. Only because of them this guest house becomes a place where you do not feel yourself a tourist or just a client. You really feel like a guest of very good friend of yours.

From now on for me staying in Florence means staying in Il Palagetto! It is like visiting relatives who live rather far away from your city to see them often, but who are always cheerful when you finally come there. Il Palagetto has become a real home for me. Thank you, Tiziana and Ruggero!

P.S. for more detailed review you can refer to my previous post from the summer 2012.

Room Tip: - 2 rooms on the first floor (Salvia and toehr one) share one bathroom (other rooms on this floor ha...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rodion G
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My parents stayed here while travelling through Italy and both agreed this was their favourite place. The staff, food, and property was all wonderful. They were also very helpful and prompt with answering all of my questions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a great experience staying at B&B Il Palagetto Guest House. My husband and I stayed at the Clemantis (Blue) Room for 5 nights in April. The room is both beautiful and comfortable. The location of the guest house is ideal, as its close to Florence central but without the noise and the hustle bustle. The guest house is located 15 mins walk from the central sights and activities and we found this a great walk especially after all the lovely Italian food :)) Breakfast was impressive! Our Host, Ruggero was very kind and thoughtful. My husband loved the coffee every morning and said it was one of the best cup o'coffee he's had! :))
The wifi connection was great, we were able to make our travel arrangements with support from Ruggero. Overall it was a pleasure and we are very happy to recommend B&B Il Palagetto Guest House!

Room Tip: Clemantis room was beautiful, and had a great wifi connection. Bus 12 and 13 have good connections n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple