“Top Notch Florentine Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Decima Musa - CLOSED

La Decima Musa
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Uffizi
New York City, New York
“Top Notch Florentine Steak!”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I was looking for a restaurant that served Florentine Steak the "right" way and our hotel concierge recommended this spot. Our family of four ate here -- we had risotto and two pasta dishes, one glass of wine, a shrimp appetizer, and two desserts and the meal came to about $240.00 which is a little steep in my opinion. Nevertheless, the food was excellent and the service was good, too. They gave each of us a glass of persecco upon arrival and bruschetta -- this at no extra charge. The atmosphere was very nice and we spent a little over two hours in the restaurant which is unusual for us. Overall I recommend this restaurant highly for a good authentic meal.

• Visited January 2011

Philadelphia
“Good food with a great restaurant name!”
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We wandered in because the place looked nice and inviting. The location is great, right in the middle of the shopping district and close to our hotel. The owner or proprietor has an elegant touch in his service. The food was beautiful and very good. We had a fritto misto of chicken and rabbit. Could not have been better. Wine was reasonably priced.

Dallas, Texas
“Best Dining Experience of our 3 week Trip”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We dined in Rome, Siena, Cinque Terre, Venice and Florence. No other restaurant was as charming, friendly, and delicious. Frankly, having grown up in NYC I had eaten very good Italian food all my life. We were somewhat disappointed until we got to Florence. La Decima Musa was in our guidebook so we weren't expecting much. We were wrong. The owner works the front of the house and is a wonderful host. Make reservations or arrive at 7:30 if you want to ensure a table. This place is small but popular with the locals. The food is gourmet. It is presented beautifully and everything we had was delicious. The best ravioli I've ever had. The cost was just slightly above average for Florence, but it was worth the price. If I had found it on my first night in Florence I would have eaten there each night. It's an easy walk from Vecchio or Santa Maria Novella.

1 Thank TX_Vic
San Francisco, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden, unpretentious gem”
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Small, mostly local restaurant around the corner from our hotel. Great carbonara and excellent lasagna. Bistecca was very good as well, although we were too full to finish our 1.2 kilo monster. Prices weren't too bad, a little inflated as is anything near Tournabuoni and Ponte Vecchio. Pretty good wine list (mostly Tuscan with a couple other regions thrown in), had a 2003 Le Pergole Torte for 80 euros.

Ended up chatting with a cafe/gelato store owner from next door who was there for dinner. Definitely got the sense that it was full of locals with a handful of tourists referred there by their hotels. Maybe 14 tables total.

Decor is nothing fancy, but the service was great. They spoke more than enough English and had zero attitude.

Houston
“Best Italian food I've ever eaten”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

My girlfiends and I just returned from a trip to Italy and found this lovely little restaurant La Decima Musa, right around the corner from our hotel. They served the lightest, most refreshing lasagna I've ever had. We also shared the ravioli over pureed green peas as well as the pork tenderloin. We thought we'd died and had our last meal. Gracious people and the chef is only 23 years old. Bellissimo! We intend to go back just for the food....
D Lucario