B&B La Dimora degli Angeli
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$675
$651
1,030 results
All reviewsbiscottibeatrice roomfresh fruitperfect locationseparate buildingaround the cornertrain stationespresso machinegreat view of the duomotea and coffeebeautiful roomour honeymoonapartment buildingsmall kitchenstreet noisethree nightsbed was very comfortable
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Clean and beautifully decorated rooms. Location was perfect. Bathroom spotless. Tea and coffee room a great idea. Fresh fruit and yummy biscotti. WLAN works perfectly. Reception was very helpful. I find it a bit difficult to submit 200 characters.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Was not very sure how this place would be as we chose this b&b last minute without reading any review. When we arrived we were checked in by the owner who was very sweet and helpful.Our room was a contemporary style lovely tiny room with high ceiling and a huge window facing the road. The room was very neat and clean and really well made.There was a common area which had a huge dinning table and a small kitchen where throughout the day you could have fruits , tea/ coffee and biscuits.There were wine glasses for people to drink as well.The wifi was excellent.The location was fabulous as duomo was 2 minutes walking distance as well as the shopping places and the station was a 10 minute walk . The owner of the place was very interactive and ready to help your needs.The breakfast was not served in the b&b however he gave us a coupon to eat in a near by cafe .This place is a gem , very tastefully made and would suggest any one to stay here

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've had an amazing time in Florence and the B&B was fairly good. But I wouldn't stay there again, unfortunately.

Pros: location was excellent. 10 minutes away from the train station (walking) and 5 minutes away from every tourist attraction. (the Duomo, the Ponte Vecchio, Museo Galileo, Accademia Gallery - Uffizi etc). the room was tiny, yet very comfortable, clean and well decorated.

Cons: staff was not very friendly upon arrival, the owner was in a rush and was not very gentle (maybe it's something with the italians in general I guess); Breakfast was served in a very nice cafe near the B&B, but the pastry options and the breakfast menu was way too limited. Could have got a better breakfast for less money in any cafe.

Room Tip: We stayed at a room on the fourth floor of the building, thus we didn't need to walk through the front desk when leaving/arriving. That was nice I guess... I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LuizGosling
FirenzeWalter, Proprietario at B&B La Dimora degli Angeli, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi Luiz,

thank you for your review, that let me thinking about my job and let me improve day by day.

Some reflections about the cons:
Sorry for your check in (that I have done),you said it was fast and not kind; for sure it was not my intention and I apologize for that.
I remember your check in, it took about 20-25 minutes (maybe not enough for you) and I explained to you everything about the city and our services, this because you have never read your reservation, done through Booking.com, and also my personal confirmation of the booking; in both of them there was written all our services and the description of the room and tea room (always available) at the 4th floor.

Limited menu of the breakfast: We serve only the italian breakfast ( one hot drink, 2 pastries or 1 small sandwich, 1 orange juice), if you have never read my email about your booking you can judge it like a limited breakfast.
You can have a better breakfast with less money: I'm asking; less money than what? you pay the room 110,00 euro breakfast included (in high season) for 2 person, how you can say "less money" if you don't know the cost of the only breakfast? The breakfast like we serve us, in an historical pastry shop of Florence, where you can seat at the table in the center of Florence cost about 20,00 euro per 2 person.

Some reflections about pro:
The room you said it was very small but comfy and nice, but your note is a bad note, so I do not understand the contradiction. Did you not know that the room was very small? That's maybe because you didn't read what you have bought?
I think that when you buy a service you have to read carefully and know what you buy; the relationship between the service provider and customer should be clear and honest, I try to do like this, writing what you buy and what you will going to find when you arrive, mostly when you buy something through the Internet; the review should be objective about what did you buy. If you buy a very small room (10 SqMt) I don't think that is correct give me a bad not because it is very small; it was 10 SqMt also when you bought it (in the email you find the description and you find that it is 10 SqMt), it is small like this also when you arrive at the B&B, but this is the service that you have bought!

So,I suggest you to read what you buy and try to give an objective review; About being fast and not kind,I will try to be more carefully and I will try to improve it, maybe understanding which should be the needs not satisfied.

Kind Regards
Claudio

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights in fedora room on the third floor,end of corridor!big room,very modern with high ceilings!paid for superior and enjoyed the large room!the views are limited to be honest as whole building sits side on to the duomo regarding what your view is but look out to right and there it is!third floor was very clean and contemporary and reception is also this floor and all staff friendly and give great recommendations etc!kitchen always open for tea,coffee,fruit and biscotti all fresh with better wifi if you need to research etc!perfect location for walking everywhere would stay here again !just book it!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We loved this hotel. The view of the Duomo from our window was amazing. Its a great location and the staff were really good making sure we had everything we needed. The hotel was so clean and new. It was a great place to stay in Florence and I would highly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family