The location is tremendous for visiting Florence as a tourist: not only is it near the Doumo (it is an excellent landmark to find your way home!), but it's a short 10 minute walk away from the Train station.
Even the basic rooms are well provided and have air conditioning. It's designed in a fairly modern minimalist style. The location is on the third (fourth, for us Americans) floor of a building and has an elevator, but it's a slow small elevator. For this reason, if you're not comfortable carrying your luggage up several flights of stairs, I wouldn't stay here.
The breakfast seems often commented on. It's two pastries and a coffee of whatever type you want at a local bar/bakery. Certainly not the full breakfasts of other locations, but fitting for an urban area. And the bakery is really very good.
The staff is very nice and helpful. They speak very good English and could direct us wherever we wanted to go. They also provided a restaurant suggestion that was possibly my favorite of our two week trip.
For the price, this place can't be beat. Personally, I don't think there's any value for a Duomo view room. You'll see PLENTY of the Duomo during your trip, and from what I can tell the view is not exactly straight on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Dimora degli Angeli is a charming and intimate B&B with a view, in a beautiful setting with a view of the Cathedral, private bathrooms and the highest quality comforts.Each room has its own style, with unique wallpaper, furnishings and decor with different influences and design, where everything comes together to create a place for the experienced world traveler.La Dimora degli Angeli is located in the old quadrilateral of Roman Florentia, in via Brunelleschi 4. The 19th century building has windows facing piazza del Duomo and piazza San Giovanni, providing the opportunity to admire the Cathedral, Brunelleschi's Dome, Giotto's bell towers, and the S. Giovanni baptistery directly from the rooms.This B&B has twelve rooms on 2 floors, a free-tea room available to customers, 24 hours a day and free Wi-Fi at no extra charge.In a warm and welcoming environment, you can relax and enjoy the beauty of Renaissance Florence while experiencing a vacation with the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your B&B La Dimora degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli Hotel Florence
- Bed And Breakfast With a View La Dimora Degli Angeli