1,041 results
All reviewsbiscottibeatrice roomfresh fruitperfect locationaround the cornerespresso machinetrain stationgreat view of the duomoour honeymoonhighly recommend this b bapartment buildingsmall kitchenthree nightsbed was very comfortabledefinitely stay here againa wonderful staylight sleeper
Reviewed November 29, 2011

You will absolutely fall in love with La Dimora degli Angeli. This is the real winner for accommodations in Florence. You feel as if you are in your own stylish chic flat within the center of Florence. The location couldn't be any better. You are a few minutes walk to the Duomo (literally around the corner), 5 minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio and if you want shopping, you are in the best location for all the best shopping Florence has to offer. This was my third stay at La Dimora degli Angeli. I traveled with my family (all adult siblings) and I couldn't wait for them to experience the B&B (we occupied 3 rooms). I was ecstatic that I didn't disappoint them after I talked up the property for so many months leading to our trip. They could not stop talking about how much they loved the B&B. You are treated like family once you arrive. Claudio is very personal and so gracious and accommodating, more so then you will ever experience at any other B&B. The rooms are very stylish, clean and extremely comfortable. All of us commented how well each of the suites are appointed. The beds, the crisp bedding and pillows are as good as you will find in a 5 star hotel without the high price tag. The complimentary wi-fii was an added bonus. As others have mentioned, it can get noisy in the late evening but this is true of all hotels when you are in the center of town. Claudio recommended several places for lunch and dinner, all of which were wonderful. We stumbled on our own to the ristorante Terra terra, which is only a few blocks away. We had an exceptional experience at this restaurant (3 hour dinner) and the food was superb (Sardinian cuisine) all made to order by scratch, price reasonable and the service couldn't have been better. I am already looking forward to my return to Florence and La Dimora degli Angeli. This is a must stay gem in Florence. It will not disappoint.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank HawaiiWang
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We recently stayed here, and concur with the other reviews. This place is fantastic. We stayed in the Beatrice room, with an amazing view of the Duomo from the window. This place really does live up to its reputation. If you are looking for a nice place to say in central Florence you couldn't go wrong with choosing La Dimora degli Angeli

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SJBell
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed at room Beatrice, beautiful decoration and very comfortable, big room but the the best was the view of the you got from the cathedral, stunning!
The location is perfect, you can go walking to all the touristic atractions.
The owner and staff are very nice and helpfull, they give you the keys of the B&B so you can go in and out at any time, they leave in the afternoon so you really feel very at home in the tranquility of the dinning room having a tea or coffee with delicious biscotti and fresh fruits they provide for you.
The only thing I would improve is breakfast. It's served in caffeterias nearby but is very poor, no bread at all, just some pastries. Also the area at night is a bit noisy because it's located in a very transited area.

Room Tip: If you want a view choose Beatrice
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ramirez_daniela
Reviewed November 29, 2011

As I wrote on its guests book: "What a city lo live, what a place to stay". We spent there two nights in a couple trip around Rome and Tuscan area.

The human factor was great; from Claudio, the owner, who guided us in all questions we have (even where to eat "tartufo"), to the girl who welcame us, and answered all our questions

The room (Bianca) was gorgeus, very charming all in white and cream colors. My wife loved its decoration with natural flowers (white orchids). The views of Baptisterio and Duomo were beatiful, and, in the distance, you can even see a Martini's billboard, really italian. We loved B&B's fragance, really well chosen for its ambient.

The tea room is well stocked; tea, espresso coffe, cookies... Although, the breakfast has to be served outside the B&B, in one of the two lovely patisseries the have arranged. Because of that, the B&B´s ambient reamains really quiet. By the way, the bed is really comfortable.

Bottomline: as this place was recommended to me, I will recommend it to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Bianca Room is really charming
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luis J
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at la dimora for 2 nights in November 2011. The view is perfect, the location too!
It's a little bit noisy but apparently all the hotels in the center of Firenze are noisy because it's old buildings. The owner is very nice and helpful. I highly recommand the place.
It's clean and very well decorated!
It's also very nice to be able to make oneself a tea or a coffee when arriving there as if you were at home! I loved my stay there, it's very romantic!

Room Tip: "choose room Letizia"
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple