“Lovely place to stay!”

Ranked #511 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went on a short break to Florence for work/leisure and found this little gem on the internet. Don't know why but it had some dodgy reviews on here but decided to brave it as was very reasonably priced.
When we got there Ryana, the hotel manager, was accommodating and friendly. She let us choose our room out of 2 which both over looked the river, and wrote on a map places to see and how to get there.
The room itself was just what we needed, we didn't have breakfast as there are so many little cafes about we just wanted to get out and about in the city. But the room was lovely and spacious, if a little noisy in the night. Only what you would expect by being in the center of the city. Wi-fi was also a bonus and super quick.
Location was spot on as 5 minutes round the corner and you're on Ponte Vecchio.
I'd definitely recommend you stay here and I intend to go back myself!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Alessandria, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I chose this hotel for our two nights in Florence last week. Overall, our experience was OK. Excellent location, 20-minute walk from Ponte Vecchio. The view of the River Arno from our window was beautiful. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were a bit thin. The Wi-Fi was excellent. Easy to connect to and very fast. A couple of things surprised me with the bathroom. Firstly, you receive fresh towels when you arrive, but they are not changed. The room is cleaned daily, but you are not given new towels unless you pay 2 euros per person. Seemed a bit strange (and stingey) to me, or maybe that's normal for B&Bs in Italy? Also, no shower gel, or hair conditioner, which in my experience are standard in hotels. Just two sachets of shampoo. I must say, though, that the shower was excellent. One other thing... one evening we were at a restaurant having dinner and neither of our mobile phones had reception. My girlfriend's mother, not able to get in touch with us, got a bit worried and called the hotel. The person who answered said that they couldn't help, because they were just there at night and only the manager had the list of guests and to call back in the morning. What if it had been serious? I would have thought they would be able to leave a message for a guest at any time. All in all, a pleasant stay with just those few issues mentioned above.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I wish we had found this place before. It was the best wi-fi connection I had all trip. Right near the Ponte Vecchio bridge with a view of the Arno River. The manager Rhiano was great. She was so nice and helpful. The room was lovely and clean. We had to leave at 4 am to catch a plane, but the manager called the night before to make sure we had a cab to meet us. It is hard to find, and lay out crumbs, we got lost going back to the hotel, so be sure to keep the address with you.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a view of the Arno River.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Athens, Attiki, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

On the day of our check out the manager charged our credit card for an extra night (including breakfast) just because we left half an hour later and they didn’t even mention it to us!! In fact when we checked out they even charged us for an extra 10 Euros for keeping our language at the reception! When we send an email to the hotel asking them to solve this issue the manager replied with a very insulting and racist mail threatening even to sue us! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL OR HIRE A GOOD LAWYER!! They keep the price low for a teaser, but when you finally arrive they have this board filled with notices saying that they charge for almost everything as an extra! (for example if you use the A/C you pay an extra 40 Euros!!!) They are stealing you with every possible way by charging for EVERYTHING! WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER AND THEY SHOULD FIRE THE MANAGER!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vayianos

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

vancouver, bc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This place was very well located and a great price, but the hotel comes up short on comfort. The pillows were like pancakes, we did have a third fluffier one on the first night but it disappeared with the cleaning. The top sheet was too small for the bed and my husband and I continually fought over it all through the night. The nights were kinda warm and the remote to the AC was nowhere to be found. We slept with open windows and though the street is a small one, the hotel is only 1 short block from a main road filled with noise from people and cars till the wee hours of the morning. The shower is literally 24" sq. I am a larger woman (size 18) and barely fit in it. The owner was nice and helpful. The one thing I really look for in a hotel is a good night sleep so I can be rested the next day. I think I missed out on that in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I never saw people so rude! The contrary of being nice. Do not go there! There are thousands of place in Florence! Neither the position close to ponte vexchio is a valid reason to go there! As cherry on the cake i paid the breakfast in advance and...i did not receive it!

• Stayed October 2012
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My family and I were in Florence in September 2011. We chose the Promenade for the location in the center of Florence, the space for seven people, and the beautiful view of the Arno. We were only a half a block to the Ponte Vecchio Bridge and right across the Arno from the Uffizi Gallery. The manager, Ryana Popescu was wonderful, I spoke to her several times while booking the trip. She booked reservations at the Ristorante da il Latina which was wonderful, she reserved taxis for us to get to our bus tour of Tuscany one day and recommended places to go and things to do.The rooms were great,my only issue was that the plug for curling my hair would turn off early morning as well as the air conditioners. They did have an elevator. I would highly recommend the Promenade and would stay again.

Room Tip: I had a good feeling about the manager. She seemed kind and considerate and very helpful. I studie...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family