“Location and price vs. the short-comings”
Review of Promenade

Promenade
Ranked #552 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This place was very well located and a great price, but the hotel comes up short on comfort. The pillows were like pancakes, we did have a third fluffier one on the first night but it disappeared with the cleaning. The top sheet was too small for the bed and my husband and I continually fought over it all through the night. The nights were kinda warm and the remote to the AC was nowhere to be found. We slept with open windows and though the street is a small one, the hotel is only 1 short block from a main road filled with noise from people and cars till the wee hours of the morning. The shower is literally 24" sq. I am a larger woman (size 18) and barely fit in it. The owner was nice and helpful. The one thing I really look for in a hotel is a good night sleep so I can be rested the next day. I think I missed out on that in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I never saw people so rude! The contrary of being nice. Do not go there! There are thousands of place in Florence! Neither the position close to ponte vexchio is a valid reason to go there! As cherry on the cake i paid the breakfast in advance and...i did not receive it!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My family and I were in Florence in September 2011. We chose the Promenade for the location in the center of Florence, the space for seven people, and the beautiful view of the Arno. We were only a half a block to the Ponte Vecchio Bridge and right across the Arno from the Uffizi Gallery. The manager, Ryana Popescu was wonderful, I spoke to her several times while booking the trip. She booked reservations at the Ristorante da il Latina which was wonderful, she reserved taxis for us to get to our bus tour of Tuscany one day and recommended places to go and things to do.The rooms were great,my only issue was that the plug for curling my hair would turn off early morning as well as the air conditioners. They did have an elevator. I would highly recommend the Promenade and would stay again.

Room Tip: I had a good feeling about the manager. She seemed kind and considerate and very helpful. I studie...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna A
Reviewed March 21, 2012

For 5 nights we had a wonderful home away from home.
This B&B was recommended to me by a work colleague who had stayed here several times herself. I am so glad I took up her recommendation!
My family and I had a week to spend in Florence and we wanted to be in the middle of the Florentines. This Promenade was just perfect. It is safe, secure, clean, comfortable, economical, well situated and oh, so pretty. The owner is so friendly, helpful and kind.

The Promenade is surrounded by small, romantic streets, just 30 metres from the Ponte Vecchio. The Promenade is within easy walking distance of just about everywhere in Florence you could wish to see.
…and there is so much to see and do in Florence, I absolutely cannot wait to go back and would not hesitate to recommend the Promenade to anyone wanting comfort, convenience, value and a really special experience of Firenze.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I looked around the best place to accomodate in the heart of Florence. I had to choose from 4 stars hotels with high prices and 3 stars hotels and B&B with lower prices. I decided to book Promenade. I did an EXCELENT choice. I read the other's comments first. Some had good words, some were at least to say, unsatisfied. We decided to book. For me and my wife, was one of the most pleasant experiences in Italy : 4 stars comfort and conditions for 3 stars price. The manager was very nice and careful with us and gave us useful advices.
The only problem we had, was with the parking place. It was a little bit expensive, but we paid also a lot of maoney in other cities of Italy too, for this.
We recommend this place to everybody and definitively, when we'll come back to Florence we'lI chose again, Promenade.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anis H
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We pre paid for our three night stay only to arrive and be told by the lady that they did not have a record of our booking. When we showed her our confirmation she told us that she no longer used the agency we had booked through.

Very little empathy was shown to us but we were told that they would do us a favor and we could stay one night and they would find us somewhere else for the next two.....to cut a long story short we did find somewhere else but the attitude here was not good at all.

The rooms were ok but very small and the next hotel was much better value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed December 24, 2011

First the positives: good value, clean comfortable room close to the historical center of Florence. But, the manager was unreliable, rude, incompetent and at one point, hysterical. She greeted us and informed us we could only use cash to pay, and there was no breakfast. Even though they advertise parking, it was in a lot which ended up costing $75 for 2 days. She warned us to only use cash when traveling in Italy, and that we should be careful in restaurants because we might be charged for a seat and some times the view. Then she said most people in Florence, when asked a question, would tell us the exact opposite of what we asked (like directions). We found none of this to be true in our experience there. She does not stay on the premises, so when that evening an older couple traveling with their two young grandchildren arrived, we were the only ones there to let them in. They had a reservation, and when we tried calling the managers cell phone, her service informed us she was not available. We tried using our room key to open other rooms for them, and unfortunately it worked, compromising security to say the least. We gave the couple our cell number so that when they arrived back from dinner, we could let them in. The next morning, when the manager finally arrived and discovered the arrangement, she began screaming that she was going to call the police, that they were not welcome there and should leave, and that we should never have let them in. After she checked on their reservation and found them to be legitimate clients, she began to kiss and hug them and ask them all about themselves and did a complete emotional reversal. We had already packed and were leaving, and she followed us asking if she could call a taxi. It was a very upsetting experience, and put a cloud over our visit to Florence - we couldn't wait to leave Promenade.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family