“I wish I could have used them for all our trips”
Review of Tuscany Car Tours

Tuscany Car Tours
Ranked #2 of 40 Transportation in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany Car Tours di Filippo Fattori is a company based in Florence which organize private tours all around Italy and we are specialized in Tuscany. Our enthusiasm, knowledge and professionalism offer customers a way of experiencing the real Tuscany with a local, travelling safely and in comfort. In our tours you will see all the sites you expect to see - and visit places you have never heard of - but which you will want to see again!
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband found Tuscany Car Tours by reading Trip Advisor and I am so pleased he did. We were on a cruise so only had the day to see the sights. My husband wanted to visit the Piaggio Museum in Pontedera and going with this tour company gave us the flexibility to do what we wanted and not the normal tours the ship were offering.

When my husband contacted them he emailed Filippo who was the person who met us from the Ship and took us on our tour (nice touch just dealing with the same person). I was not impressed when my husband told me of the cost involved. I did think it was very expensive. My husband really wanted to go to Piaggio so we agreed for him to book it. However, after doing the tour I do feel that it was money well spent and it was exceptional value for money. The ships tours are very expensive and you do what they want you to see. If you wanted to do your own thing once you were off the ship the taxis there were charging euro 1000.

We were picked up on time, in a very smart 8 seater mercedes with air con. Filippo took us to the sights explained (in very good English) as we were travelling about the olive oils and the countryside and was very knowledgeable about the area. He dropped us off in front of everywhere we were going. He got our tickets for us to see "David" at the Museum at a time slot that would enable us to get there on time. He told us where to meet him afterwards. We literally got out of the car went in to the places and Filippo was there when we came out and as it was so hot there you didn't feel it as much and it was great just going in and out of the car. We had time for shopping and time on our own for lunch. All our shopping could be left in the car. Filippo explained that it was holiday time there so many shops were closed. I wanted a special Italian wine and Filippo made some calls to see if any of the wine shops that may have sold it would be open, unfortunately not, but I thought that it was very nice of him to try for me. He also had bottled water in the car if we wanted it.

Filippo had not been to the Piaggio Museum before but he found out everything about opening times and prices for us. My husband did actually contact the museum before we left anyway. He made sure that we were back to the ship in plenty of time.

Florence is such a beautiful place and we did not have enough time to spend there. But thats the great thing about cruising you get to visit places and make your mind up where to go back to. We are definitely going back to Florence and definitely will be contacting Filippo again. When we visited Rome (our next stop) all of us wished we could have had Filippo driving us around.

I cannot recommend this tour company highly enough it spoils you. It was one of the best days of our holiday.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked the Cinque Terre tour from the port of Livorno. The driver, Alexander, was there on time and very polite. He drove us to a spot where we could get on the boat that goes between the 5 cities and told us what city and where to meet us at at the end of the day. The ride was very comfortable and I cannot imagine our experience of being able to freely move between the cities on our own time schedule to have been any different. We saw the group from our ship going around and it just reminded me of animals being hearded around - for the same price of our private tour!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family took the San Gimignano & Siena car tour with Paolo. We made 3 other stops including a wine tasting and a quick stop to get a spectacular panoramic view of Florence. This tour was great value (for our family of 4) compared to a popular bus tour which we also enjoyed. Paolo customized the locations visited, time spent at each place and his commentary. He is an encyclopedia of knowledge, setting up each stop with a concise history of each area, specifics on what to see (based on our feedback), restaurant rec's, the wine-making process, etc. As a result, we were able to make the best use of our time and keep our kids engaged - except for a chunk of the wine tasting. Paolo is a pleasure to be around, flexible, knowledgeable, and passionate about Tuscany and his his job.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband booked a tour of the Chianti region with Filippo during our honeymoon. It turned out to be the highlight of our entire trip. Filippo took us to some of the most beautiful sites, including several vineyards, where we were given tours of the facilities, had lunch, and did wine tastings. Filippo customized the trip according to what we said we were interested in, and he did a perfect job. Filippo was so nice, friendly, and knowledgeable about the region, and we really felt like we were in good hands the whole time. If you are looking for a fun, romantic, and educational tour of the Chianti region, definitely book with Tuscany Car Tours!

1  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We booked with this company, and have no regrets. Paulo was our driver, picked us up promptly from our hotel. The van was clean, and we felt very comfortable with him. We were staying in Florence, and booked a day trip to Pisa and Lucca. Paulo was very professional, informative regarding the history of the region while he was driving. He booked a wine tasting for us on the way back, much to the chagrin of my younger kids. Our tour lasted around 8-9 hours, and we felt safe and comfortable, even traveling with young children. I was hoping to book another trip with them but time would not allow it. They are everything one would hope for in a tour company. I would recommend them without hesitation.

1  Thank traveldoc27