“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Salimbecco - CLOSED

Il Salimbecco
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Description: Italian and foreign craft beers Tuscan specialties
Colorado
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

During our recent stay in Florence we had dinner at Ristorante Regginella twice.
The food and service were excellent both times and the outside seating also offers great people-watching.
The grilled Gamberoni and potatoes are so delicious, a friend and I had them both times, my husband had Calzone the first time and Bistecca on the second visit.
The Bistecca was the biggest steak any of us had ever seen and according to my husband the taste was outstanding.
The second time we were there was my husband's birthday and the manager Tony and our waiter Carlos went above and beyond to make our dinner a memorable occasion, including complimentary drinks and dessert. They even managed to get a street band to play "Happy Birthday"
Highly recommended for food, service and atmosphere .

1 Thank Sabine M

• Finnish first
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Try for example the gambheroni, any fresh fish, the pasta dishes - great food, good wine and the staff is wonderful!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 867DrK
Huntsville, Canada
“Great food great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We enjoyed our lunch at Ristorante Regginella and the colourful charismatic owner who greeted us and made us feel extra special. The Potato dumplings with smoked ham and chianti wine and Spaghetti allo scoglio were delicious. We even returned for some pizza which was the best we had found in Florence. Thanks for the Presecco and limoncello.

1 Thank lindupep
Chelmsford, Essex, England
“A very enjoyable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

While on holiday in Florence my wife and I with our daughter visited the restaurant for an evening meal. The steak was delicious and very tender and the wine recommended by our waiter Sam was excellent. Topped off with yummy homemade desserts. At the end we were given complimentary limoncello liqueurs which was a nice touch.
All the staff were very friendly and attentive. We would certainly recommend Regginella's to anyone visiting Florence.

Los Angeles, California
“Great Food and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was walking along San Lorenzo, in search of finding good food. I came across Regginella's and began talking with Sam. I have to say I was in Florence for 5 days and had bad experiences at other restaurant locations food. I was really pleased with the food at Regginella's it was fresh, authentic and flavorful. Everything at Regginella's is homemade and made with love by the chef and family members, All the staff members: Sam, Mateo and Tony are very attentive and will help you to find a dish that is to your liking and will provide you with recommendations. The food was so good that I had dinner and lunch everyday until my last day in Florence. I had the artichokes with chicken,roasted potatoes with rosemary, pizza and fettuccine with chicken of course accompanied with wine (red and white) and dessert. What I did enjoy was that the local people of Florence (museum staff, local neighbors) and tourist from all over eat at this establishment. Every night it seems everyone I recognized before all returned like myself and would have great conversations with each other which gives it a friendly and warm feeling. The prices on the menu are very reasonable and the portions are good. The staff speaks multiple languages which is helpful also.

Thanks again Tony, Mateo and Sam for excellent service : Valorie :)

• Visited March 2013