“You must try the cheesecake!”

Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi
Reserve with
Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 2,872 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I have just had a lovely meal tonight. The service was excellent, the host was welcoming and sociable. The meal was very good and the staff were very attentive. The home made desserts were outstanding. I had the cheesecake and my wife the tiramisu. It was brilliant, I would come back again just for the dessert. Thank you for a good night.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Despite confirming the booking for 18 people 3 weeks in advance, the owner took it upon himself to cancel the booking without notice! He was rude and aggressive when asked why he had done this and offered no help to try and find an alternative venue for 18 hungry travellers. I wouldn't not recommend this restaurant to my worst enemy, let alone any of my friends. Do not touch it with a barge pole.

5  Thank ChrisC0303
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We wanted a more up-market restaurant than normal for the last night of a wonderful few days in Florence. Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi filled the bill perfectly. I could not find fault in any way with this establishment. After a friendly welcome, the four of us were seated at the rear of the restaurant, which has lots of ambience. The menu is excellent with several choices that would have satisfied each of us. The restaurant majors on seafood and meat dishes. My veal stew was outstanding, and the starters and seafood dishes had by the others were also rated as wonderful. The wine list is extensive, and very well laid out. We highly recommend Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi for a special meal. Prices represent value for money. You may need to make a reservation, as the restaurant is very popular.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had lunch here today after visiting Santa Croce. Just a few doors down from Casa Bounarroti, and they had Olio Oglio e Peppericcino on the lunch menu! Spaghetti with oil, garlic, and peppers is one of our favorites, and we HAD to stop.
A small restaurant with small, closely placed tables, but there weren't many people there when we arrived and the waiter was friendly. The lunch special consisted of a primo, secondo, water and coffee. That was a little more food than we wanted, and we really just wanted the pasta, not meat. The plate was filling, but not overfull and food tasted wonderful.
The waiter did speak a little English, but it wasn't really needed. A very comfortable atmosphere.
Very reasonable prices.
I recommend lunch at this place.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Tucked away, somewhat, but worth looking for it!!
This family-feel restaurant is THE place to eat when you have a taste for something really delicious and unique!

We ordered fish, and were not disappointed! All home-made!
The flavors of everything we ate were unforgettable, the staff was knowledgeable and very friendly, the wine was local and ahhhmazing - a wonderful night to remember, but please, please, don't forget to have their cheese cake!!! It was out-of-this world!!!

Grazie mille!