“Unforgettably Overpriced!”

Neighborhood: Pitti
New York City, New York
“Unforgettably Overpriced!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place was the biggest rip-off we experienced in 10 days in Italy. We popped in for a quick lunch after visiting Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens. My 8 year old daughter ordered orange juice, fruit salad and a plate of plain spaghetti . . .cost for her meal alone was US$37. And on top of that, the fruit salad was lousy and the plate of spaghetti not enough for an 8 year old. The menu is not well posted, and by the time we were seated upstairs we were stuck. Don't be fooled by the welcoming host at the door. The waitress was a piece of work - frowning, impatient and generally unpleasant. This place would be out of business if it weren't for us tourists, so no matter how hungry you are, don't stop here.

Visited July 2013
8 Thank sesamebagel

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bojano, Italy
“cost too much”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

please look at the receipt attached to understand how exaggerated was the cost for the poor quality ; a voice "varie banco" has not really made so it is a "steal"

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank Patrizia Maria B
Hong Kong
“Watch out for the Female waitress here!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed every minute of my entire Firenze trip in November, except for my terrible experience in this restaurant.

Wishing to have a quick bite before heading to Palazzo Pitti, so I stopped by and ordered some snacks and tea for lunch.

The young male staff at the counter was extremely friendly (the 1 star rating was given to him), BUT I was so shell-shocked when one female waitress demanded me to remove a wet tissue off my table while she was cleaning up my table. I had never encountered this boldness and rudeness in other restaurants in Italy and worldwide. I was really disgusted at her attitude towards customers. She never smiled along the way and she even made such a disgusting facial expression when she asked me to pick my wet tissue off the table. Was it my obligation to clean up the table before I go? I could not accept such an appalling behaviour.

I will never go back and advise all my friends back home NOT TO COME.

• Visited November 2012
7 Thank HKtraveller M
Sarasota, Florida
“coffee and pastrys”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Ate here three mornings - cafe americano plus pasty tried a different one each time all were great.
Had a pinni for lunch saliami and cheese and tomato very tasty! this would be just the spot for a quick bite any time of the day> the staff was very friendly and never made a face when I orderd my
americano -

• Visited October 2012
Vercorin
“But oh so expensive!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were dying for a good coffee and the pasticceria looks very appealing so we ordered two coffee and two dry almond pastries. The coffee was delicious and the pastries were very dry but good. Service was very friendly and speedy. But the tab almost knocked me off my socks: EUR 14.00 for a small pastry and a coffee that is no better than the one you get at the bar in the Mercato Centrale for EUR 0.80 (that's right, 80 Euro cents!) and the elderly lady at the bar is incredibly friendly and funny. So unless you go for the atmosphere and have loads of loose change, have your espresso somewhere else (we are staying the month in Florence and have made the Mercato Centrale bar our coffee destination).

• Visited October 2012