Truly warm and friendly host Daniela and her staff made us feel special - especially my 9 yo daughter. It was magical staying here.
We stayed in their luxury suite which is an unbelievably large 120 m2 with frescoed high ceilings dating back to 1695. It is modernised with comfortable bedding (4 poster bed!) and a 2 person jacuzzi. The suite was much better than the photos we saw when booking. Wifi free and fine. Complimentary wine and snacks provided.
Stay here if you:
1. want to stay in a very special place that you will never forget.
2. love history and appreciate the beauty of art and architecture going back more than 300 years.
3. enjoy the friendliness of a wonderfully gracious hostess
I only saw one of their other rooms, a deluxe room also with high frescoed ceilings. That room was also very special. They have apartments and other rooms, so if would be wise to check when you book which type of room you are getting as I understand they are all a bit different.
Location is fabulous, just near the Accademia where David awaits, and a few steps (~5 min) from the Duomo of Florence. It is ~10 min walk from the main train station, but remember that Florence is old and the roads are cobblestone so harsh on luggage wheels. Ponte Vecchio (the famous bridge) is ~15-20 min walk south including looking at sights along the way. - Florence is not big!
If you are going to stay in Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance, why not stay in a Renaissance palace?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palazzo Tolomei Residenza d'Epoca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Tolomei Residenza d`Epoca Hotel Florence