“Uffizi with kids”

Ranked #63 of 411 Tours in Florence
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Context provides an in-depth alternative to traditional tours. We are a network of architects, historians, art historians, and other specialists who organize over 300 different walks in 15 cities around the world. Florence teaches that art does not exist in a vacuum. Here in the churches, palaces, and other Renaissance-era institutions we encounter art in its original setting enveloped by social and political context.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

It can be hard to keep kids entertained while dragging them from museum to museum far from home, but our wonderful tour guide, Lucia, did an amazing job of keeping our 6 and 8 year old interested during our tour of the Uffizi. She was able to focus our attention on a select number of important pieces of art while engaging the kids and helping them learn. There is no way I could have taken them on my own without boring them to tears.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"private tour"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 28, 2017

OK, let me start with this: I had high expectations for my Context Tours, and they were exceeded. My wife and I visited Florence and were joined by my adult son for our tours. We took private tours of the Duomo and Uffizi gallery/Accademia. Private tours are expensive, but frankly, I had never been to Florence--in my opinion, these tours were worth every penny. (My son, who has been to Florence many times, agreed wholeheartedly.) Our Duomo tour included the Baptistery, the Duomo and the Duomo museum. Our docent, Amal El Khoury, was very pleasant and extremely well-informed. By the end of the tour we were in awe at the way our new-found knowledge informed our perspective about the fabulous art, architecture and history rolled up in the experience the Duomo. Our docent for the private tour of the Uffizi Gallery and Accademia was Helen Bayley--a delightful artist, a font of interesting knowledge and a charming conversationalist--and she delivered another fascinating and enjoyable tour. I would recommend these tours to anyone who wishes to visit Florence and really feel like they got to know the city and these gems. I recommend these tours without reservation!

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

I just spent 3 weeks in Florence while my daughter was studying an hour away. It was a wonderful experience, but at times lonely. I really found Context tours to be a great way to really experience Florence on an intimate level and meet great people to share the experience with while learning more about this amazing city!

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Our guide (Monica) was extremely knowledgeable and engaging with group that included our two teenagers. It was a great way to tour the museum. No hassles at all and wonderful experience.