“Overpriced and food quality was mixed.”
Review of Lungarno 23

Lungarno 23
Reserve with
Lungarno 23 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #331 of 2,722 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pitti
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and food quality was mixed.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This restaurant has been getting rave reviews and there is a 2 week waiting list to book a table here. Locals love this place because it does not cater to tourists. I think its really overated - not worth it. Go to some of the better restaurants in Florence e.g. Zibibbo, Casa di Vino

The atmosphere in the restaurant is wonderful (see photos) and the location is great - on the banks of the Arno. However, I go to a restaurant for the food and it was disappointing. Huge range of burgers ... but I do not eat beef so I was limited to grilled chicken. The chicken was dry - very poor. The french fries were also dry.

My colleague ordered the polenta dish which was burnt and they had to order a salad instead. to be fair to the restaurant, my colleagues who ordered the burger dishes were impressed. Two colleagues also ordered pasta dishes - truffle pasta & sausage pasta - both were impressed.

Expect to pay 35 euros for the signature burger dish and the other main meals range from 20 to 33 euros. Desserts were ok, each 6.5 euros.

Wine was standard price for Florence - 6 euros a glass and 30 euros for the bottle.

• Visited December 2012
emanuele c, Executive Manager at Lungarno 23, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear costumer,

I have observed your comment on the esteemed TripAdvisor, and I cannot avoid showing my regret in consequence of what you have written. Furthermore, after having personally verified your welcome together with the other seven costumers who were with you, I feel that more precise information is needed.
We actually pay much attention on our foreing costumers, like each other costumer who graces us with his presence. Our meat is our “flagship” insomuch as, after only three years from the opening of our restaurant, we have been issued with the mark IGP (the Val di Chiana Meat certificate), certifying the meat traceability, which every costumer tastes.
As far as your case is concerned, as (come da Ric non so cosa volevi intendere) n 184344 in date 05.12.12 states, you chose for some grilled chicken, which, as far as I know, it has been served with precise attention for the meat. I can guarantee that the chicken served, the same we use in one of the most well-received salad: the “caesar salad”, derivates from an extremely genuine farm. Our chips are rigorously fresh and daily cut.
Neither precooked nor frozen food is served at “Lungarno 23”, as our philosophy is to reach the delicious taste and an high quality.
The cornmeal mush which you state to be, if you please incorrectly, burned, has been cooked on the grill and consequently, it had the stripes of such a cooking.
Please, let me point out that our wines glasses, accurately exhibited in our restaurant, as our wine list, relate all the necessary information in order to let you choose better. Moreover, our employees and waiters are prepared to suggest you by request the more appropriate wine for your meals. The prices for the glasses wine may vary from 4 euros to 8 euros (Brunello wine). There are various prices for the hamburgers, up to the white truffle hamburger, and they are all from the same meat IGP.
I hope I had achieved the purpose to fulfill your knowledge about our cooking, and I hope you will take into consideration how much attention we do pay in welcoming our costumers. I cannot but be sorry if something has not been to your liking, pleasing you during the next occasion to show at the very moment a probable inconvenience. We will take care of it by attending adequately, as our target is the satisfaction of our costumers.
Please let me know if you would like further information, I am completely at your disposal.

• Greek first
Florence, Italy
“Nothing special just for tourists”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

THE food wasn't nothing special the flavour of polentine con la zucca was inconsistent the wine list was poor and with really bad wines we got a bottle of wine that THE waiter suggested and it was terrible, we got another one but nothing special...we payed a lot for eating and drinking poor and inconsistent! I do not suggest to go there for any reason!there are a lot of better restaurants in Florence please avoid to waste time and money!

Miami, Rome, Firenze, New York, Orlando
“BEST BURGER IN TOWN!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Make no mistakes about it, this place is KING for burgers. Even with the Hard Rock cafe in town there is no comparison for the quality of the food and service.

Visited May 2012
Florence, Italy
“burgers and tartare”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

beautiful place on the lungarno for a burger or tartare. the meat is fantastic. i think this is more of a lunch place, in my opinion, and you can sit outside. if you love tartare this is a great one!

Visited September 2011
Milan, Italy
“Delicious chianina's hamburger, great location but drinks and service overpriced”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had one chianina's tartare and one chianina's hamburger with cinta senese and zucchinicream: f a n t a s t i c !
Location is beautiful, along Arno river, easygoing and relaxing. Staff is nice and service is fast.
Drinks is overpriced ( 5 euro for a 33 cl nastro azzurro is really too much!) and 2 euros each or service is absolutely out of time, don't charge service !