“Our favorite gelato in Florence”

Gelateria Santa Trinita
Ranked #7 of 214 Dessert in Florence
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We found this place on our 2nd of 3 days in Florence, and subsequently had it 3 more times. All their flavors are excellent, though my favorite was the Tiramisu, as it had bits of ladyfingers mixed throughout.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,993)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great flavors and located 1 bridge away from ponte vechio, which means less traffic. We ate there at the recommendation of a local florentine. I can see why she says it's the best gelato in Florence.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great gelateria in Florence facing the Santa Trinita Bridge. This was one of the best, if not the best, ice creams that I ever had!

Recommended flavours are : black sesame, Santa Trinita (unique flavour consisting of mascarpone and nutella), pistachio, and pure chocolate= fondente.
Great value for money and very friendly staff.

Nest time in Florence a gelato from Santa Trinita gelateria would definitely be the first thing to eat!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a very attractive gelateria right at the corner of the Santa Trinita bridge in Piazza Frescobaldi, so it's easy to find and is a worthy rival to La Carraia, the wonderful gelateria at the corner of the next bridge over the Arno. I would recommend trying one and walking along the Arno to the next bridge and trying the other. And both are the best priced gelato we found. The very pleasant server talked my partner, who traditionally insists on basic chocolate, into trying their chocolate fondente, a dark, rich, fudgy chocolate and he was won over. I got caramellita with fig and mandarino (tangerine). The caramel in the one was rich and luscious; the mandarino was nicely citrus-y. This gelateria has an array of beautiful and interesting flavors.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I swear it is. Has nothing to add - go and try it yourselves. We just came by and saw many people inside, many locals - we decided to come in and the only thing I regret now is that we didn't find it earlier.