“very simple place near the railway station.”

Residence Martin B&B
Ranked #326 of 657 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2012

spotless spartan rooms with friendly young couple in charge who speak english perfectly and will help with information. near to the railway station and near to the medici palace. so pretty good location in busy neighborhood, safe after dark, but not picturesque. there is a well stocked apartment on the back side which is quiet and the other rooms in an aprtment a floor below. these rooms get a chit for a coffee/tea and patry ain a busy and crowded cafe at the end of the block for breakfast.

Room Tip: really convenient to the railway station
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank FROOOM

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The owners are so nice and its next to the train station, 5 minutes walk. For $100 US a night you can't beat it! Shut the windows as we got bitten up badly by bugs!

When you arrive you are greated by the owner and she is very kind to show you where all the great landmarks are and also suggests great restaurants! Go to Mario's and O'Vesuvio Pizza

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family & I - 2 adults & 4 youth stayed at Residence Martin in Dec 2011. We had a pleasant & memorable stay with Veronica & her son - Lucca. Unfortunately, did not get to meet her husband/Nycolas. We are now facebook friends. Veronivca is the ambassador for Florence. Besides, the warm & clean apartment, the location is walking distance from the train station. The market is opposite her apartment & the street is a flee market during day time & my boys enjoyed the endless goods available eg: leather jackets, leather sling bags & sandles. I bought cushion covers & ladies accessories - rings & ear rings. My husband bought himself a pair of shoes. She guide us to go to Pisa by trian. She also guide us to go shopping for the branded goods at The Mall - using the bus. The places of interest are by foot & She recommended us to the best pizza restaurant & my boys make a 2nd visit on their own. Thank you Veronica. I will definately recommend Residence Martin to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ZahrahJaafar
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I travelled to Florence in May of this year and stayed in the Single Room. The directions were easy to navigate, and even with a heavy pack, it was an easy walk from the train station to the B and B, where I was greeted by the lovely Veronica.

Veronica was very kind and gave me a map and advice about Florence which I found very helpful.

My room was clean and comfortable, the bathrooms also very clean and the Kitchen was good for preparing snacks and making coffee if needed. Loved the Bar just around the corner where you go for your Breakfast and coffee in the morning - you can sit on a little cobbled street and have delicious pastry and espresso ( free of charge) and get to to see the locals going about their business in the am. Perfect, and the Family running the place were charming.

The Location was supurb for me as it was very close to everything (walking distance) but also right above a Leather Street Market, so I was able to window shop everyday until I made my purchases on the last day. The only negative was the sound of the stalls packing down at night, but this was not really an issue at all, and Veronice offered guests ear plugs if they needed it. I didnt use them at all.

For the price, location, cleanliness and facilities I would certainly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Florence who was looking for a cheap but very cheerful option, I plan to stay here again next time Im in Florence.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ScarletLauren
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights at the start of our vacation. It is a short walk from the train station and next to the market - everything you need is within walking distance. Veronica greeted us on arrival and provided us a map and good directions to every where we wanted to go. The room was large and clean and there a nice small patio where we spent some time with other guests. There is also a fridge and full kitchen at your disposal if you so wish. The AC worked well, which was essential as it was very hot during our time there - but the bathrooms do not have AC so were quite hot.
Breakfast is a coupon to the little cafe almost next door. This turned out to be a great idea as due to jet lag we did not emerge until 2pm the first day - but still got our breakfast.
We also used the free internet quite a bit and did not find it slow. We had a great time.

Room Tip: We had the room at the back - next to the patio and away from the street. It was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wcroyal
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a 3 person room for 3 nights in very high heat in late June. We walked to the B & B from the train station...a short 5-10 minute walk. There is no lift, so we had to tote our bags up a flight of stairs. Our room was large and very comfortable for 3 people. We had free wi-fi and had no trouble or slow-downs with the internet while we were there. There is one decent sized bath and one fairly small bath, neither of which had AC so they were really hot. The AC in our room kept us very comfortable at night. There is also a nice outdoor patio. Veronica was really great, nice and gave us a lot of useful information and a good map when we checked in. Guests receive a breakfast voucher at a small cafe just around the corner, but if you want more than coffee and a croissant you will have to pay a little extra. The residence was very clean and the location in the historic center of Florence is extremely convenient for seeing the sights of Florence. All in all, we had a very good visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Because of a booking error we were put in a small dreary apartment above a restaurant and across from the Central Market. The apartment was NOT clean and the noise level was not at all conducive to sleep. Veronica seems like a very nice person very sweet and her English was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple