“The risotto was so good i dropped my fork.”

Trattoria Pandemonio di Casa Brogi
Reserve with
Trattoria Pandemonio di Casa Brogi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,763 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“The risotto was so good i dropped my fork.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My fiance and her father had been to this restaurant before, years ago, and we spent a good chunk of our evening wandering around this area of Florence trying to find it. In the end, we stumbled into it entirely by accident and I was treated to some of the best food I have ever experienced in my life. They were out of the risotto with porcini mushrooms, however the one with shrimp was so good I actually dropped my fork on the plate after the first bite. The restaurant itself is a little tucked away, but it's so cozy and inviting. Don't worry about reviews speaking ill of the cost compared to other spots in Florence; sure you can find cheaper, if you prefer food catering to a tourist's palette; this is value. We were going to return for lunch the following day, however since nobody made a reservation, they didn't open! The owner opened a bottle of wine which we split with him, and gave us a lunch recommendation just down the street which was another truly amazing experience. There's no need to have dinner anywhere else in Fiorenze!

Grazie, Mama!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Great restaurant, must go in Florence!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our favorite restaurant during our stay in Italy. What made it great was the service and how at home you felt dining in this restaurant. This seems to be a small family restaurant. The owners (husband and wife) were both very attentive and were joking and chatting with us throughout our meal. The food was delicious and well done, especially the tiramisu which was my favorite (it's really the best, you must try it!) Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited October 2013
mammagiovanna, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Trattoria Pandemonio di Casa Brogi, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
dear friend from New York ... you're happy with the nice evening "in the family" and I am happier than you are because we were able to make you feel so ... "at home"! is a pleasure to talk and joke with nice people like you.
Regards, and I hope we see you again
Mamma ...e Babbo
Toronto
“Good Florentine family run restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Short walk from the Palazzo Magnani Feroni, tucked away on a side street. You'll want your map app. Worried when we first walked in as the restaurant was absolutely empty and then realized that the main dining room is at the back facing a walled garden. Nice, cozy atmosphere. Service was excellent with the younger mama advising us on portions. We decided we had wanted to try the Florentine steak here and didn't want to order too much. Very pleased that we could order about a 1 kg. steak which with the bone was a manageable size for 2. They brought the raw meat to show us, as is customary for this specialty, and not only did they happily wait for my iPhone to warm up to take a picture to email to my carnivore sons but the owner got a menu to place next to the meat so they would know where we ate.

We did get appetizers: their eggplant flan and their raw artichoke and Parmesan salad. Both were delicious and not too filling before the steak, (although we made sure we had eaten light lunches). The steak was brought to the table sliced and was very good, although I would have liked a bit more salt and pepper on it, but did enjoy dipping he meat in the seasoned meat juices on the platter. Ordered the fried eggplant and artichoke hearts as a side with the beef. As promised, a completely different taste experience from the appetizers. They were brought out shortly after the beef, just cooked and were perfect. Hot and not greasy at all and plenty for 2.

We decided to try one of the reserve Chiantis and the brother who is the sommelier recommended a reasonably priced bottle for 39 euros, (certainly a good price compared to what we pay in Canada).

Still had room for dessert and split the mascarpone cheesecake which was served with a strawberry compote and was light and delicious.

All in all, very pleased with the meal and service. We talked about trip advisor and the owners are very proud of their high ranking.

Visited October 2013
...Compliments. You've described your whole dinner with great precision and are so glad you enjoyed it .. and ... of course we are proud of our position on Trip Adviso but rather we are proud of our customers!
thanks
mom
San Marino, California
“We Felt Cheated”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

BEWARE - this restaurant is outrageously expensive, and based on the other amazing restaurants we discovered in Florence, it is not worth it! Yes, Momma is sincerely nice, but the prices were crazy high. Plus, we were offered Lemoncello and Grappa at the end of the meal, which were delicious, but in every other restaurant in Italy, when these were offered, they were offered gratis, no charge. Plus there was an additional fee charged in addition to the typical "cover charge" that the Italian restaurants charged. We felt extremely cheated. Worst dining experience we had during our 2 weeks in Italy.

7 Thank Robyn M
Dear Customer," oh my god".
I wonder how a person can go around the world without knowing how to behave.
When you go to eat at a restaurant you have to read the menu 'where in addition to the description of the dishes there' s also the price! if it is too high for your money, you get up and kindly you go! It is not obligatory to stop and eat. I do not know what you ate, drank and how much you spent but it was so terrible?.... or maybe you're a little 'acid?
Anyway, have you read the good reviews that people write about us? hundreds of people, often from your country coming out of my restaurant happily .. if it is not I'm very sorry because I love all my clients that even after so many years back because they have a good memory.
I hope that you forget your bad experience and ...I hope to forghet about you!!
and did not return....please...
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, USA
“My 5th anniversary dinner will be remembered for years to come!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We absoluetly loved everything about this restaurant. We were there early, being a traditional America tourist, and the owner, Mama, spent time with us walking us towards the kitchen to show off their food. I got the stewed beef and my and I shared the Flourintine Steak! One of the best meals we've had. Mama was the perfect representation of Italy, sweet, fun, memorable!

• Visited April 2013