“Great food....”

Trattoria Pandemonio di Casa Brogi
Reserve with
Trattoria Pandemonio di Casa Brogi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,824 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed July 19, 2013

There was a family party going on whilst we were there but otherwise it was empty which nearly put us off but we stayed and am glad we did ! Great food, nice staff, reasonable prices........and great wine !

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been in Italy for over 3 weeks, trying all kinds of food in different regions and this is the best Italian meal I've had so far (and I've been to a lot of top-rated restaurants). Do no be turned off by the façade: the restaurant is really nice and simply, but well-decorated inside.
Now, as far as food goes: as I was by myself, I couldn't have the bisteca fiorentina (which is a dish for 2), so they recommended the tagliatta (a smaller dish, from the same cut of the beef), with olive oil, rosemary and parmesan cheese. I don't remember ever having a piece of meat this good before. I usually really dislike steak that is served rare, but this one was amazing. It wasn't chewy at all. It was very flavourful and almost melted in the mouth.
For dessert, I had the tiramisu, which was just out of this world! Not heavy at all, with the right amount of delicious chocolate on top.
The owners are incredibly nice and brought some home-made limoncello with the check.
This is not the cheapest restaurant you will find, but it is not particularly expensive. Unless you are on a very, very tight budget, it should be affordable and well worth it!
It is not located near all major attractions in the city, but it is certainly worth the extra minutes' walk. Highly recommended!
(Just make sure you don't make the same mistake I had initially made: the street you'll be looking for is "via del Leone", off Borgo San Frediano/via della Chiesa, not to be confused with "via dei Leoni", which is right in the city center.)

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We recently visited this restaurant on a friend's recommendation and was disappointed. Let me start with the positives. The atmosphere is very nice and the owners truly do take an interest in your evening. The eggplant flan and the chianti were excellent. The limoncello was also very tasty. The pasta was fresh and cooked to perfection ... but far too salty. The octopus had little to no flavour and the Steak Fiorentina had a lot of tough tendon (although maybe that's the way it is supposed to be). So overall, the experience was disappointing because the restaurant came highly recommended by friends. Perhaps we were expecting too much!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We always enjoy dining at this fun restaurant where the owners take a personal interest in the patrons. The antipasto is outstanding, and each of the varied entrees is well prepared. While we did not have dessert, they looked delicious.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

GREAT HOSTING
BEAUTIFUL TAPAS
PERFECT FRESH STEAK.

Young and intimate owner ladies , young waiters with intimate smiles.

Good environment