“My choice for Florence”
Review of Rosso 23

Rosso 23
Ranked #150 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I found this property to be satisfactory in every way. From the staff, to the breakfast, and the rooms. For the value, it is above average for a 3 star status, and the location is superb. During the day you are on the doorstep of all museums. The train and bus station is very near for day trips to Siena, etc., and the peace and tranquility is essential for a great nights sleep. I recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doumina

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have used Hotel Rosso 23, many times over the years and recommend it highly based on it's excellent position and price points. It is one of the best options in Florence. I have always found the rooms clean and comfortable, the staff impeccable, breakfast lovely and peace and quiet priceless for a good sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank roberto r
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Only 3 star hotel we stayed in during our trip and it reminded us why we should put more money towards our accommodation! The smell just from walking through the hotel was disgusting. It smelt murky and lingered around the entire hotel, except for the actual rooms. Hotel is incredibly small and difficult to fit our bags in with us. Worst of all was the room. We were beyond shocked. We were given a room that wasn't even big enough for us to fit our suitcases sideways in. We literally had to crawl over the bed to get around the room! The walls were all torn up, door was punched in and the bathroom had mould in the shower! My partner couldn't even go toilet without burning his leg on the heater! We instantly went down and requested to be upgraded, whatever the cost! The staff member on duty was incredibly lovely, understanding and helpful (although the only one, as the others were incredibly rude and uninterested in assisting with anything) and we moved to a bigger room. This room, although still with scratched up walls, was incredibly spacious. However, the location (although beautiful) was facing the street, meaning we were woken every night by loud groups of people walking by and the incredibly loud sirens of the ambulance (which I believe are based across the road from the hotel). The 'red' of the hotel, which is why we stayed in the first place, was incredibly disappointing and hardly 'red' at all. Breakfast was the most limited and basic I have ever seen.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaylee L
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The great location meant we could walk directly from the train station to the hotel in 10 minutes. Also very close to Duomo, markets, Ponte Vecchio and major galleries. The breakfast had plenty of variety. We had a room on the fourth floor overlooking lovely terracotta tiles, it was overheated making it difficult to sleep comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Assunta_Karen
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed 4 nights here in Nov and I really must say that the location is superb. You can walk to the train station and to most major attractions. The breakfast was decent and the room was alright, just a little dark.

The only qualm about the room was the noise. Think the sound-proofing needs to be improved. We woke up whenever our neighbours made some noise, like showering and so on. Oh... the bathroom was pretty small too. Otherwise the bed was comfortable and the front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel is located in a lovely square within 5 min from train station. The room was a good size with twin beds. Adequate bathroom. Reception staff very helpful. Needed to do on- line check in on our last day and were advised to use facilities at their sister hotel where they have a computer and the receptionist advised us to email our boarding passes to her and she printed them out. Breakfast was excellent with fresh espresso etc. would go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I WILL NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. The cleanliness was barely acceptable. The shower area was dirty and over-flooded slightly whenever we took a shower due to the design. The room was very dark and lighted up by two bedside lamps only. The brightest place was actually the toilet!

The reception on duty when I checked in was rather helpful, however on the day of our check out (a different reception attendant) as we were rushing for our train, there was a lady before me which seem to be requiring a slightly longer time and after waiting for awhile- I apologetically asked the reception if I could just pass him my key to check out as my room was pre-paid when booking with agoda and I was rushing for my train. Instead of answering my qns, he started to go on and on about how he can't help me cos the lady was here first. Of course he should help her out first and I perfectly understood that but as my room was pre-paid I just wanted to check out and rush for my train. I did not want to argue with him as it would just further delay my time.

Nonetheless, when it was my turn, he told me ok your room was pre-paid and I just have to pay city/tourist tax. Which if he had told me in advance when I asked, I could have prepared this while queuing to expedite the process.

To sum it up, what really put me off was the quality of the hotel. The attitude I was shown at my check out just made it worst.

• Stayed: November 2013