“Will not recommend to anyone”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosso 23

Rosso 23
Ranked #121 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Singapore, Singapore
“Will not recommend to anyone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I WILL NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. The cleanliness was barely acceptable. The shower area was dirty and over-flooded slightly whenever we took a shower due to the design. The room was very dark and lighted up by two bedside lamps only. The brightest place was actually the toilet!

The reception on duty when I checked in was rather helpful, however on the day of our check out (a different reception attendant) as we were rushing for our train, there was a lady before me which seem to be requiring a slightly longer time and after waiting for awhile- I apologetically asked the reception if I could just pass him my key to check out as my room was pre-paid when booking with agoda and I was rushing for my train. Instead of answering my qns, he started to go on and on about how he can't help me cos the lady was here first. Of course he should help her out first and I perfectly understood that but as my room was pre-paid I just wanted to check out and rush for my train. I did not want to argue with him as it would just further delay my time.

Nonetheless, when it was my turn, he told me ok your room was pre-paid and I just have to pay city/tourist tax. Which if he had told me in advance when I asked, I could have prepared this while queuing to expedite the process.

To sum it up, what really put me off was the quality of the hotel. The attitude I was shown at my check out just made it worst.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Booked 2 superior double rooms for 4 nights One of which was small in size dark and grim. Charged the same - be careful when booking don't get room 309. Staff were unhelpful at all times with a surly attitude. !!!

Room Tip: Room 307 was bright and a good size but no view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed for 9 nights on business. I stayed in what I assume is a twin room / double room - the beds were pushed together to one double bed.
Bedroom was spacious with room for a huge bed, a table, a mini bar a closet and a safe.
The bathroom is kind of small, the shower is about 60 cm X 60 cm - not much room for moving around.
The location of the hotel is great! You walk out to Piazza Santa Maria Novella, 2 minute walk from the Duomo and the train station.
The room was very dark, only 2 lamps by the bed, and one on the desk.
There is free WiFi available, however you have to "refresh" the user once every 24 hours at the reception.
Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly.
I heard from my colleagues that some of the rooms are very small, with no closet or safe, so be sure to check which room you are booking

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AyeletI
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights with Rosso 23 in August 2013. The hotel was lovely a little dark, however I think that was more the charm the hotel wanted to create. We booked a basic room and that's what we got, can't complain about that, you get what you pay for. In terms of location it was great very close to Santa Maria Novella Station overlooking the lovely Santa maria Nouvella Square. Breakfast was good, however even though we got down early once a plate of food at the buffet was empty it did take some time for the staff to refill, especially cold meats and cheese. Location is fantastic. We walked to Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Academia, Galleria Uffizi....everywhere. If you are taking the tour to Siena and San Gimignano,, the meeting point is just on the corner. Very friendly staff. I would recommend and stay at this hotel again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimba1959
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked 5 nights at the hotel last week, through hotels.com, and upon arrival, were informed that the hotel had misread our reservation as a month later than what it was. So they explained that we would have to stay at one of their sister properties for the first night until they could accommodate us. Now, I'm not sure how this could have happened, because I personally confirmed the reservation twice via email directly to the property, since I had a specific request. They responded to both my emails (one and a half months apart) that they would do their best to accommodate me. So how could they NOT have known exactly when I had my reservation? They stuck us in a far inferior hotel in which the door to the room didn't even lock & there was no safe. There was no apology on their part and we still paid the same premium for what we were supposed to be getting. Not to mention the inconvenience.... I have stayed at this hotel several times because it is an easy walk to the train and bus stations and close to everything else you need, at a somewhat reasonable rate for the area. The service has never been top notch but this was unacceptable. Haven't had any big problems until now but it's enough to put me off of ever staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights with Rosso 23 in September 2013. We loved this hotel. Bedroom was very spacious. And we had a great view to Santa Maria Novella Square. SMN train station is only 5 minutes walking. Note that Florence has two main train stations. You want to book Santa Maria Novella if you are arriving by train. Breakfast was very good. Location is fantastic. We walked to Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Academia, Galleria Uffizi....everywhere. If you are taking the tour to Siena and San Gimignano,, the meeting point is just on the corner.

Very friendly staff. Strong recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and view to Piazza Santa Maria Novella
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Easygoing01
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were worried when we arrived to find no sign out the front but so relieved when we entered our room to find plenty of space, clean and worry free. This is not a waiting on your every move hotel which suited us but it is clean and quiet and the room we had was brilliant (310). The location was perfect near the station!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple