1,509 results
All reviewsfree glass of proseccotower roomsteam roompalazzo strozzifive star hotelfabulous hotelhappy hourour honeymoonquiet side streetfree mini barturn down serviceevery eveningperfect locationjunior suitewould highly recommend this hotelspecial thankscity break
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this boutique hotel in late May. The Front Desk staff, spa, breakfast, room and location were all better than was expected. Local Tour Assistance, including restaurant selection and local tour options were very good. Location was on a quiet block in the center of the higher end of shopping but was convenient to all. Price structure for the rooms is highly competitive and the hotel offers a sound alternative to the high priced chains located in the City. Of particular value was the complimentary refreshments in the room refrigerator. No gym, but the spa area and the spa services were above average for a boutique hotel.

Room Tip: We were not in the Tower Room but were provided with a Deluxe Room on an upper floor. Modern
1  Thank Bkalongi
GoldenTowerHotel, Direttore generale at Golden Tower Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Bkalongi,
thank you so much for your positive review. We are so happy your stay with us has been wonderful but above all that you found great our Staff. I appreciate it very much, because I personally think that these ones makes things different.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is a smaller hotel in a good area of Florence. The service was good. Our room was lovely, apparently we were upgraded to a Tower suite and it had 2 stone walls that added wonderful authenticity to room. The furnishings were beautiful and tasteful. The breakfast provided lots of choices and service. We also used the spa which provided a tranquil and wonderful break after sightseeing. One night there was noise outside but it was Friday and really didn't disturb us. There also was construction on new condos directly across from our room with lots of early morning noise. The hotel is close 15-20 minute walk to the best attractions. Service was good provided help with restaurants and helpful information on area. The room was spotlessly clean and clean towels/linens were provided daily.

Room Tip: I would ask for locations away from condos being built.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
GoldenTowerHotel, Direttore generale at Golden Tower Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear hotelchic18,
yhank you so much for your review.
Yes, you were accomodate in one of our "tower deluxe room", situated in our "medieval tower" (XII century) where used to live "Filippo Strozzi" before building the "Palazzo Strozzi".
Regarding the refurbishing work in front of us, we argue with them everyday and even us look forward to the end.
We hope to welcome back again,
all our best regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Upon arrival, we were given a room upgrade to their best and biggest suite (without asking). This was a HUGE suite with a massive living room that had a gorgeous arched cieling. The bedroom was also large, and the bathroom was fit for a king/queen. They gave us champagne and a fresh fruit platter. The spa is AMAZING. The breakfast was mediocre, but I did not care because I like to get up and get moving without being weighted down with a huge buffet. The lobby and breakfast room are absolutely gorgeous. There is a very nice business "center". The location is just adjacent to Strozzi Palace, whish is immediately next to both Piazza Republica and the famous shopping avenue, Via Tournabuoni. There is a great "bar" accross the street with everything from Gelato to champagne. The shopping and scenery are at the front door. The hotel is located on a tiny little alley way, so it is quiet and secluded. It's a short 5 minute walk to Ponte Vecchio. There is a fitness center "Klab" located a 5 minute walk from the hotel, and you can buy a day pass. Overall, this was a truly fantastic hotel.

Dear HighOnTraining,
we thank you you very much for your review. We have been so excited hearing you have spent wonderful time with us.
Regarding the Breakfast, as you may have noticed, unfortunately we do not have so much space to exhibit even if on the buffet you can find fresh and high quality products.
We really hope to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed in this Hotel from 24 - 27th May for my Husbands 40th Birthday. The service was impecable, the staff were very friendly at all times. the room was great. breakfast was also lovely, so much choice. The hotel is situated in the centre of the city and everything is close by. I would highly recommend this Hotel as well as the resturant La Posta which is very close by. we had a wonderful meal there.

Room Tip: we had a deluxe room which was great, included the mini bar.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
GoldenTowerHotel, Direttore generale at Golden Tower Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Dear Orla F,
We thank you very much for your review. We are more than happy when we succeed in satisfy the expectations of our Guests.
Thanks a lot and really looking forward to welcoming back!!
All our best regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2012

The difference between a 3-star and a 4 or 5-star hotel is how the management responds to complaints. Mr. Pellegrino responds with guns drawn, although I must admit that he did apologize by sending my husband and I a fruit basket, this after he realized we were not trying to get our bill reduced. The sink stoppers do not stay closed because the hotel does not want anybody washing out their clothes; the laundry charges 6 euros for one pair of undies and about $25 U.S. to iron a dress. I know this because my request for an iron was met with the response that it is not allowed in Italy, which is untrue.

Our room was adequate for two people and had comfortable pillows and mattress, but when we turned down the bed, we realized the quilt was not clean. Any 5-star hotel would have sent up the housekeeping manager. The sullen woman at the desk told us the manager, Mr. Pellegrino, would not be back until morning and there was nothing she could do. The next morning, his response was that sheet around the quilt is clean, and that there was no need to be concerned! He accused us of trying to find things wrong with the room because I complained about the stopper and the insect in the shower before calling about the quilt.

The hotel has an elevator, decent towels, and complimentary toiletries. The air conditioning works. Room service was slow, but the food was okay. The young woman who delivered our food was very kind when it became clear that I had a very bad cold; she delivered coffee to our rooms the next morning and suggested a medication for the cold.

We faced the square where there are two noisy bars within 100 feet. We could hear music and voices until one in the morning. We are not big breakfast eaters, so we were happy with coffee and the adequate baked goods provided.

Hotel is near Piazza della Republicca, and a short walk to the Uffizi Gallery. It is not very far from S. Maria Novella. A brisk 15-minute walk gets you to the Pitti Palace. We took a local bus to l'Accademia because it was miserably hot but that, too, is a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel.

3  Thank NewYorkCityStickler
GoldenTowerHotel, Direttore generale at Golden Tower Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Dear Mr & Mrs Stickler,
thank you so much to have posted your comment on Tripadvisor because it gives us the possibility to reply. Sometimes it happens to forget things while writing.

First of all, we disagree wiht the issue that a manager's response should match with the hotel rating, because the Guest is always important, neverthless the star, but at the same time, a hotel rating cannot justify an aggressive behaviour by the guest.

Actually upon your evening arrival Mrs Stickler argued at the phone with the " sullen woman of the desk " because she didn't find in the room the iron and ironing board and also because she had found in the toilet a " monster " , it was a mosquito, instead.

The day after, in the morning, Mr Stickler spoke personally with me and I was told that they probably would leave the hotel because there was no iron.
I promptly replied that in my opinion the room without the iron couldn't be a big problem to force them to leave the hotel earlier; anyhow , if they wanted to leave earlier I would have applied the penalty.

After 20 minutes Mrs Stickler required my presence in the room to check a mark in the corner of the quilt. I soon went to them and replied that we would have changed all bed linen but seen she wasn't satisfied since the day before I proposed a change of room. She refused to move. This is what happened, and to apologize for the inconvenience I gifted them with a fresh fruit basket.

Laundry service is paid all around the world in all hotels.
In room it is forbidden either to wash or ironing for security reasons.
The hotel has 2 elevators.

Best Regards,