Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios
$340
$332
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsglass of proseccowalk in closetbreakfast roomexcellent restaurant recommendationsperfect locationsmall kitchenetteconcierge servicegreat boutiquebeautiful hotelrooftop terracedinner reservationsthird floorpiazza dellaliving roomsitting areawithin walking distanceour honeymoon
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband and I spend 3 days at Palazzo Vecchietti, and boy... did we love it!
This jewel has the majesty and the beauty of a six star hotel, the privacy and the tranquility of a country side villa and ... it's right downtown Firenze.
There is no other place we would rather go! Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was perfect.
The staff is so nice and the owner, Alexandra, is always present with her courtesy and wisdom. They helped us with transportation, sight seen, restaurant reservations and anything in between. We felt like were cared for but we also had total privacy.
We have been to the most beautiful hotels around the world and Palazzo Vecchietti is on top of our list! Go and enjoy!!!!!
Carol

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Great hotel, beautiful room, helpful staff, wonderful breakfast, & great location....the only problem for us was trying to drive our rented car to the hotel when we did not speak Italian! We were within two blocks of the hotel for an hour trying to figure out how to get to it when we finally gave up and simply walked there! A very helpful hotel employee drove the car to the hotel so we could check in and return the car to the agency. If you do not speak Italian, do not attempt to drive a car to this hotel BUT once you are there, you will have no regrets!
Very small hotel (only 14 rooms) but beautiful! Great location (only three blocks from the Duomo) in the heart of the city....you do not need a car staying at this hotel!

Reviewed May 28, 2010

I booked this hotel based on the boutique exclusive feel that it gave me by looking at the pictures on their website. I was very impressed with the service and the luxurious feel of my room. Everything was perfect! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. The only thing I thought could add more value to my stay was maybe a hot breakfast should also be served but besides that I am glad I gave this hotel a try.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The location could not be better, its about 20 metres from Piazza Republica, the touristic centre of Florence. The entrance is unassuming but beyond those bare brick walls lies the most spectacular hotel and experience. The architecture stays true to the rennaisance style of the city but it is kept contemporary through its chic and elegant interior design. Our room was the 'basic' room but we still had the most exceptional room, huge bed with the highest quality bed linens and cashmere throws. We had a walk in wardrobe and a walk-in cupboard kitchen with its own Nespresso machine!!! Our bathroom was divided into two rooms, both in marble, the first with double sinks and a huge deep bathtub. this led through to the shower, big enough for a mini army, and the toilet. We could not be bothered to get up for breakfast, so the butler brought it down to our room! We really felt like royalty. The hotel doesn't have a bar or restaurant but that suited us as we ate out for both lunch and dinner. The hotel made all the reservations on our behalf and confirmed them on the day too. The staff were the most professional but also the most genuine, kind and thoughtful I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. it is a small hotel of only 14 rooms but this only adds to its appeal. I would rather not write this as i fear our little find will become really popular (as it only opened at the end of last year 2009) but that is what it rightly deserves! An amazing place and an amazing experience.

Reviewed May 16, 2010

My husband I planned a trip to Florence, Tuscany and Rome. We stayed in 4 hotels during this trip, and were rather underwhelmed by all except for this hotel. It was a pleasant surprise. We were upgraded to a junior suite by the manager who took us to our room and gave us a tour. The rooms are beautiully decorated, a mix of modern classic and italian design. it's very well apponted. It had one of the nicest closets I've seen in a hotel, basically a walk in closet. Very well done. The other remarkable feature, a hidden modern well designed kitchen behind what appears to be a closet door. There is free WiFi which was nice considering some hotels charged additionally for this. They provided what I thought was quite a nice breakfast. Most places will set up a cold buffet, but they also provided some warm eggs and suasage in a lovely dining room. This was one of fthe nicest hotels I've stayed in this past year. If we return to Florence, I would definitely plan to stay here again.

1  Thank reddyn