“One of the best places I 've been to”

Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios
Ranked #14 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Italy
“One of the best places I 've been to”
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I am an Italian old traveller and I am very keen of great boutique hotels. I have been to lots of incredible hotels and Palazzo Vecchietti is on the top of my list. The rooms are pure luxury and enjoyment, the best confortable Italian design match with all luxury amenities one may need and an incredible personal service.
The palazzo is in my opinion in the very best location of Florence, at seconds distance to main attractions yet very quiet like a monastery.
The breakfast is served in a monk style antique florentine table with high quality products and a very good coffee together with your favourite newspaper, it is a homy place with class and style.
I was fortunate to meet the charming owner Francesca, a beautiful looking Italian lady who took het time to show me around the residence and telling me the story of the building. She and her great attentive professional and friendly staff provided me with great tips (I suggest you the Osteria toscana just round the corner in Palazzo Tornabuoni, elegant, great food ...a nd cheap!).
It was in march and for what I got, I found the hotel a real bargain compared to main so called luxury hotels in Florence.I will go back several times in the future.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank aquilasicula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We spent 4 days at this amazing residence and we were impressed with the luxury and fine service that this hotel had to offer. We have been to Florence many times and we can truly say that you could not find a better place to stay. It is beyond a five star with it's large luxurious rooms. The location, staff and surroundings were absolutely first class. We especially liked the fact that it was a small, intimate hotel where we were treated like special guest. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Myself & my boyfriend stayed here for his birthday & we had the most incredible time. This hotel will not dissappoint. We were met on arrival with the staff knowing exactly who we were without having to introduce ourselves - nice touch. The room was beyond beautiful. It really is like your own upscale apartment in the best location in Florence city (just off the Piazza Republic), it was huge, with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever stayed in, and a great little stylish kitchenette (which perhaps seems a tad unnecessary - but it was really great to have our own proper coffee maker, an assortment of great coffees, fresh fruit on arrival, a great mini bar etc - great idea to have one in the room!). We loved the decor, pure luxury but not at all pompous or too glitzy, just sophisticated & incredibly comfortable. We had a full listing of tv channels on sky (not that we watched much tv!), but again a nice touch. It was almost surreal then when we opened up the windows & a busker just outside was singing live opera! The breakfast was very good (though there was a little miscommunication over what we actually wanted to eat! This was quickly resolved) & we were offered a late check out at no extra cost as there was availability. It is not just the presence of this magnificent building that makes it, nor is it all the little touches, but also the incredible warmth that all staff members give to you. We even hugged goodbye when we left - I can't remember ever doing that when staying at the Ritz! I would highly recommend this hotel & I will most definitely be coming back to it myself!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Just got back from a trip to Italy, and while in Florence we stayed at Palazzo Vecchietti. I can not say enough fantastic things about this small hotel. Absolutely stunning, the rooms are much bigger than the average rooms in Italy (and most of Europe for that matter). Beautifully decorated, elegant and sophisticated. Wonderful mix of contemporary and antique decor. The service is also fantastic. Restaurant recommendations were first class. And the location could not be better. Right off Repubblica, in the center of the old town, it's an ideal step-off point for sightseeing through the city. Chose this over Savoy, JK Palace, Grand, Excelsior...and certainly made the right choice!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this new hotel in the center of Florence. Access to all the attractions and shopping is fantastic but it is this charming boutique hotel that is an absolute oasis. I have stayed at many of the best hotels in the world and trust me...they could learn a thing or two from the Vecchietti. The hotel is charming, sophisticated, but unpretentious. The staff is incredibly friendly and our butler Ulysses was top notch. But for us, the attention showered upon us by the owner Allesandra and the pride she shows in her accomplishment in building such a gem allows us to recommend a stay here for anybody who is lucky enough to get a reservation. Sublime!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
stgo
Reviewed May 31, 2009

from the first moment i saw the hotel i knew I was gonna live a great experiencie in Firenze. the receptionist...i think his name was jonathan...well...he was a really nice boy...he talks you about the place, where you can eat well in Firenze and even what are the coolests pubs in the place.
In the room, you have your own coffee machine, your own kitchen and you can also have breakfast in bed served by a buttler. very luxiorius by the way. I felt like a queen there. they treat me like a queen. I stayed in Machiavelli room. A deluxe one. AND I LOVED THE SHOWER...the room had it's own terrace where I could see the beautys of Firenze...drinking a coffee...in the morning...after taking a lonf bath...nice...
the hotel is very near two beautiful places like Ponte Vechio and Piazza della signora...I absolutely reccommed this place. For couples...or for people like me...I absolutely say to the girls...enjoy life...go to Italy...go to Firenze...stay in this hotel...you won't regret it. Everything is beatiful...full of history...and so romantic. Food i s exquisite, great drinks and very cute men....believe me....ENJOY ITALY...Kiss to all

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo