“Exceptional stay and service is top notch!!!”

Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios
Ranked #2 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went on a family trip to Italy in July 2013 and spent 3 weeks in Italy (Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Milan, Verona and Venice). By far the best hotel/accomodations of the trip. This place is phenomenal.....wonderful setting (in a palace), rooms are luxurious (we stayed in the Donatello perfect for a family of 4), location is perfect and the service from the front desk and everyone you meet is impeccable....Luca was so nice and they made you feel like royalty :)
Everything was perfect and I encourage others to stay here on your trip if you can.

Room Tip: The Donatello room is a great room for a family of 4!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
PalazzoVecchietti, Direttore generale at Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

we really thank you so much for your time spent in writing your experience in Palazzo Vecchietti.

Our Guest’s reviews are very important for us as to improve our quality standard and it encourage us to satisfy Guest’s needs in the better way.

We’ve appreciated your comments about our Staff and the quality of our rooms. Of course our location it’s really a plus as we’re a few steps away from all the major attractions of Florence.

Hoping to welcoming You again in our Hotel, the Management and all the Staff remain,

Alessandra Giusfredi,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

On our previous trips to Florence we have stayed in hotels on the River Arno. I stumbled on the Palazzo while doing research on Tripadvisor, and am so pleased I did. The location is excellent, the rooms beautifully furnished, great wardrobe space, huge shower in the bathroom and a little kitchenette which includes a Nespresso machine.

Paolo gave us some excellent restaurant recommendations on arrival, together with a glass of prosecco. In fact there was always prosecco available in the sitting area, together with beautiful biscotti.

We had a room overlooking Via de Vecchietti, and yes, there was some noise on the weekend nights from a concert being held in the Piazza della Repubblica, but it finished well before midnight.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Palazzo Vecchietti.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoVecchietti, Direttore generale at Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

While in Florence we stayed in the two apartments (Medici Suites) on the third floor of the Palazzo Vecchietti. These apartments were beautiful, honestly I could live there! All of the amenities of home with the service and care of a top notch staff! The location is ideal, breakfast service delicious and the apartments cannot be beat. I would highly recommend these apartments, especially to families. There is plenty of room for a party of five in each apartment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PalazzoVecchietti, Direttore generale at Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

We’ve appreciated your comments about our Staff and the quality of our spacious apartments. Of course our location it’s really a plus as we’re a few steps away from all the major attractions of Florence.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I agree with most of flattering reviews of this boutique property but I reluctantly give it a poor rating as I am in full sympathy with one previous poor rating from UrsoLondon. We just finished a three nights stay and had rooms 208 and 303. What I liked:
1) Beautiful furnishings and ample sized rooms
2) Combination of modern furnishings in an old Palazzo is a unique experience
3) The staff, without exception is friendly and eager to help.
4) Location is second to none. Many of good hotels in the city are in good locations too and Florence is easy to get around but Palazzo Vecchietti is right in the middle of everything you would want to see and do.

What I disliked:
1) Only one issue bothered me but it is a major one. Room 208, like UrsoLondon's room 209 faced the side street Via Vechietti and the noise throughout the night/morning was not conducive restful sleep. I grew up in New York and lived in London, Tokyo and Hong Kong so I know all about city living and can handle most city noise from traffic, noisy neighbours etc. But, near the hotel is a discotheque popular with young kids and these drunken teenagers and 20 somethings for some reason pass by the hotel on their way in and out of it.

Starting around midnight but getting worse around 2:00am - 4:00 am, I heard a steady stream of drunken kids talking loudly, shouting at each other, clapping in groups and even singing at top of their voice. I heard mostly Italian spoken with some idiotic American college kids screaming and shouting from time to time. I thought Saturday and Sunday nights/mornings would be the worst but Monday (actually early Tuesday morning was no different). I could sleep through some of this type of noise but I was jolted awake by sudden shouts and screams. On Sunday morning around 2:30am I was awaken by a drunk American girl singing. On Monday around 3:00 am I thought a group of young men were fighting outside my window but turned out they were simply shouting and joking around.

I would not dismiss this steady stream of noise as mere "city noise" or "charm of city living." At any price, hotel should provide or ensure that its guests can have a decent nights rest. I'm sure Palazzo Vecchietti does not lack financial resources to provide sound proofing windows on few rooms facing that street. During my stay, I took sleeping pills (which I hate to do but carry them for use on planes to help with jet lags) and used ear plugs. And the noise still woke me up and I do not consider myself a light sleeper. I considered requesting room change but did not as we had so much repacking to do and thought it would be different on Sunday and Monday. In hindsight, I should have done so during the early morning of Saturday as I did not realise these kids party every night.

I have stayed at Four Seasons, Continentale and Lungarno Suites in my previous visits to Florence. They all have their pros and cons. (Yes, even Four Seasons Florence - as great as it is, I thought Lungarno and Palazzo Vecchietti are more convenient for walking around with kids and of course easier on the wallet when travelling as family). If I had stayed at my daughers' room 303 and not aware of noise issue, I'm sure I would rate this property differently. It has the makings of a great boutique hotel but I firmly believe that given the discotheque crowd noise, the hotel should improve the sound proofing of windows for future guests rather than promise guests like UrsoLondon that they would be allocated different rooms next time.

Would I recommend this hotel? ONLY IF you were guaranteed a room away from the street side.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Hank072010
PalazzoVecchietti, Direttore generale at Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

The review of our Guests are very important for us in order to improve our quality standard and to understand if our job meets the satisfaction of our Clients.

We very much appreciate your comments, in particular those about the service provided from our staff and we consider your opinion helpful to grow up and continue our precious work in the hospitality even better.

We are deeply sorry to learn your inconvenience, we would like to notify that all our rooms have double-glaze soundproofed windows, but unfortunately the noise mentioned is out of our control;
From your review we understood that your daughters had a relaxing sleep in a room overlooking courtyard, you should have informed our Front Desk staff and would have been our pleasure to help you in any matter. We comprehend that moving room it’s not pleasing especially when luggage are completely unpacked, but Palazzo Vecchietti as you knew has rooms on the quiet side of the building, away from any noises.

As we already said we will take in high consideration your comments, we therefore take the opportunity to repay offering you upgrade to the quietest room available during your next sojourn with us.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again at Palazzo Vecchietti.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I are traveling through Italy & Greece on our honeymoon. We had originally booked with another hotel that notified us 2 days before our arrival they had a major plumbing issue and were unable to accommodate us in the hotel and booked us at Palazzo Vecchietti for us. Our stay at Palazzo Vecchietti was wonderful. We arrived around 9am as we were driving from Southern Tuscany and wanted to see as much as we could in Florence in 1 day. We did request a early check in but would have never expected them to let us check in at that hour. Paolo greeted us with welcome arms and was so accommodating. He went over the city map with us and highlighted some of the must see sites, including booking us a very last minute reservation to tour the Vasari Corridor. (Amazing experience and super hard to get a reservation that last minute). Paolo invited us that morning to have breakfast on them and we then checked into our room. The hotel is gorgeous, but the room is perfection!! It's spacious, with a marble bathroom, walk in closet, sitting area, kitchen & terrace. It's so luxurious and I am sad we only had one night in the room. The breakfast room is so classy and tasteful with a huge communal table, they even use Richard Ginori china which is such a great touch. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Florence. The cities hotels are expensive regardless, and I think it was worth every penny. Next time I am in Florence I know where we are staying, Palazzo Veccietti!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NeillyLane
PalazzoVecchietti, Direttore generale at Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent two nights at this delightful hotel and will stay there again if we ever get back to Florence. Paulo the manager sat down with us to discuss our visit, suggesting several superb restaurants, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our room on the second floor was fantastic, with a larger closet and bathroom than our own house. And the shower... Now I know why people like rain showers! Breakfast was very good, the service as quick or as slow as we wanted with lots of fresh fruit, meats, breads, coffee, and eggs made any style. The location was convenient to everything, all of the staff were friendly and helpful, making us feel like they wanted us there, even though we were using points for our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quiet room, ask to be in a room that faces away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoVecchietti, Direttore generale at Palazzo Vecchietti Suites and Studios, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at Palazzo Vecchietti for 4 nights in May 2013. The location was fantastic. The staff made all the difference to our stay. The ladies manning the breakfast room were warm and attentive and Lucca's personalized attention made our trip that much more memorable. The rooms were extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend this property for a family vacation.
Chennai, India

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

we thank You for the time spent to write about your experience in our Hotel.

The review of our Guests are very important for us in order to improve our quality standard and to understand if our job meet the satisfaction of our Clients.

Our staff try to do the best to satisfy our Guest's needs.