Il Salviatino
$285
$327
$273
  • Restaurant
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$227
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$618
$600
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsservice ambassadoroverlooking florenceshuttle serviceglass of proseccocomplimentary shuttlebeautiful hotelterrace overlookingshuttle busrecommend iltuscan hillsour honeymoonmain buildingluxury hotelthe entire staffbreakfast is servedfour nightsfavorite hotel
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is our second stay at Il Salviatino. I thought the first stay was the ultimate in service and quality...but this one goes further...
My wife and I just spent a long week end and frankly it's tough to leave this place. So much the staff is well trained and attentive to every wish you have.
The food is outstanding, the breakfast rich, fresh baked bread..the chef will suggest to you what's special for dinner: the result is just what you have been dreaming of, add to that a special italian wine from their cellar..
We had a suite on the 4th floor, with a large terrace over looking the city...very comfortable, super clean and a feeling of home with the special decor and accessories.
The Library is a special place where we used to sit and relax after a long day..
We are planning to return next year with a group of friends who heard us so much talk about it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have just returned from a marvelous three nights at the Salviatino.From the friendly welcome to the personaluized departure the entire sty was flawless.I was attending a meeting.The first night Welcome Cocktail party and the Buffet dinner were outstanding and the quality of food and service first class.The Suites and Rooms are well thought out and fit in with the atmosphere of the Palacio.The view from my suite 25 was extraordinary.However what really impressed me was the quality and genuine frindliness of the staff.I will return

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 night stay from the 26th October and were amazed by the reception we were met with when we arrived, Lino is the excellent "front of house" ambassador and immediately ushered us to the terrace and served us a glass of Prossecco while our bags were taken up to our room. The views from the terrace are stunning as is the hotel. Our room (21) was spacious and even had a spiral staircase leading up to a mezzanine gallery where there was additional seating. All the staff are attentive, friendly and charming- nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast every morning was a delight as the chef would send out "little treats" to the table for us to try - yummy. The restaurant staff were very attentive and always smiling. The whole hotel has a special ambience especially in the evening when they light all the candles around the gardens and staircase. There is a very reliable shuttle service to the town (approx 15 min trip) . Beautiful 5* villa, set amonst the Tuscan hills, we can definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. Roy & Karina Angelou

Room Tip: Corner suite (21) large room with enormous terrace leading from own private door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at Il Salviatino for two nights, booked by Andrew Harper. We were in Suite 25, which they said was one of their nicest suites. Lino greeted us as we arrived, and attended to every need! we actually appreciated their attentiveness, but they could back off just a bit and still provide excellent service.... We felt like we couldn't even walk in the back door without them asking us of we needed something! The meals were spectacular... I had some of the best veal I've ever had! The spa facilities were top drawer.... Incredible massage therapists!

The only downfalls to our stay was that our room was over the kitchen area, so we heard every timer, and smelled all of the wonderful food.... Even when we were trying to relax and stay in bed in the morning. and, the bed is a platform bed, which is too low to the ground for our preference, and very uncomfortable! Pillows were also not soft and plush. But, I'd stay there again!!!! So still give them high ranks, as it's pretty spectacular!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judysF274ID
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a surprise weekend away booked by my husband. The place literally took my breath away. We arrived late, but they whisked our bags away whilst they fixed us a welcome glass of prosecco at midnight. We walked out onto the terrace to enjoy our drink and the view of the duomo was simply beautiful. The grounds were spectacular. The staff was excellent - both friendly, charming and personable but also responsive (sit down by the pool with the paper after breakfast and after 30s someone arrives from nowhere with fresh tea and pool towels is but one example...). I'd recommend eating outside if you can to make the most of the view - we didnt eat in the restaurant but it seemed a lot more formal in comparison. It isn't in the centre of Florence - but this is in no way a drawback. It's a short cab ride (or free shuttle service) down to the centre and when you're inside you feel like you're miles away from everywhere. Beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple