WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great base to explore Firenze” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Giglio d'Oro

Il Giglio d'Oro
Ranked #4 of 637 Florence B&B and Inns
“Great base to explore Firenze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were very lucky to have stayed with edo, celia and Jennifer for our stay in florence. Unfortunately our luggage was stolen on the train to florence which meant my partner and I had nothing. First night in edo cheered us up with his warm welcome. He offered us clothing, food and anything that we needed throughout our time in florence. The location is in a nice neighbourhood connected to all the major sights via bus ( which stops outside the house) and all the restaurants close by were great. The rooms itself are spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We had the room Facing the courtyard and it was dead quiet throughout the night. This bandb was our home away from home and we even extended our stay 2 nights to do day trips to siena/Pisa (which are great). Cannot say thanks enough for the kind hospitality offered by edo and his family.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Kayson123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one week and from the moment I arrived Edo, Celia and baby Jennifer welcomed me like an old friend! I loved my time here. My room was quaintly decorated, very clean and very comfortable. It had everything I needed. As it was November the heating was on morning and evening so I never felt the cold.
Edo and Celia were very helpful, generous and kind. Anything they could do to make my stay more enjoyable they did enthusiastically. They are fabulous hosts and when I return to Florence this is most definitely where I will stay!

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank CareerBreak2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Edo is a great host. He helped orient us to Florence, and met all of our housing needs, even upgrading our room when their was a vacancy as we arrived. Very glad to be there and look forward to returning!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jon T
ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Edo, Celia and their toddler Jennifer, make this Florence guest house a lively and enchanting place to stay. You are treated as though you are returning favored friends or relatives, always greeted with a sincere smile. Edo's advice was most helpful and quite valuable, whether it was where to buy a necessity, catch the right bus to the part of this beautiful city you wish to explore, or find a parking spot for our rental car, he knows the best answer to make your stay more pleasant and easy. My son and his wife, my wife and I spent 9 days at Il Giglio D'Oro and I wish I could have stayed twice as long. There may be other nice places with pretty rooms that one can stay at, but the family running this guest house separates it from all the others.

Room Tip: the rear rooms will be quieter, if that is an inportant factor for you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and truly can't imagine a better place to stay in Florence, or possibly even the whole of Italy! Edo and Celia are wonderful hosts, along with the lovely Jennifer.
The room itself was huge (I think we had the superior room), with a lovely terrace. It was very quiet and with the shutters closed was completely dark making it so easy to sleep in. The shower was fantastic and there was loads of hanging space in the wardrobe. I loved the country-chic, homely decoration and the room was tidied every day to be immaculate.
But what really sets this place apart from everywhere else is the warmth and friendliness of the hosts. Always smiling, thoughtful and generous they showed us around the area, introduced us to the local pastry shop which was FANTASTIC, gave awesome recommendations on restaurants and how to get places by bus (which was very convenient and easy). From the free bottle of Chianti, offers of snacks, fruit, fresh juice, the family really make this place feel like home.
We loved it and would be back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the guest house with my wife and were greeted warmly by Edo. He gave us clear instructions on how to get around Florence historical town and fabulous recommendations on where to eat (must try Da Nosone "big nose"). The room is spacious and clean. Definitely recommended for it's convenient location and great value!

Agent K

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank alluken
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My sister stayed here last year and she told me that I shouldnt think or pick any other place to stay than Il Giglio D'Oro for one of our honeymoon trips. She's right... Writing reviews for Edo, Celia, and lil Jennifer is easy...why? Because you really feel like you're at home staying there... They are the best B&B owner ever... They'll really make your trip much easier with restaurants and travelling tips. Follow Edo's recommendations and you'll be in good hands... He's really very helpful, warm, and friendly...
He even helped us smashed our jammed luggage lock open LOL...
Some harsh critics may say their rooms or location is average but for those who travels and only come back for a cozy and comfy place to sleep, il giglio d'oro is perfect...and trust me...it's actually good enough...
Conclusion, il giglio d'oro is your "home" in Florence :)

1 Thank Sigit A