La Dimora del Centro
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Florence
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Hotel Maxim(Florence)
Hotel Axial(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here last week for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon. This B&B was great. It feels very homey in the middle of a big city, which was a nice change. It is very quiet, has a 24 hour coffee/tea room which I took great advantage of, and free wifi.

Our room was so cute, decorated nicely, and the view was amazing of the duomo and the piazza di repubblica. We even were given free champagne to celebrate our honeymoon.

The ONLY thing we had difficulty with was getting in touch with the reception desk. We called a few times during their open hours and could not reach anybody. It wasn't an emergency, just looking for some dinner reservations so we just gave up and did it on our own.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JL185
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Last month we and another couple enjoyed the incredible sites in the beautiful city of Florence. Staying at the perfectly located and comfortable La Dimora del Centro was wonderful (despite the large billboard that blocked the views of the piazza from our windows). The tea room and reception area were charming and much enjoyed - especially the biscotti! Our only issue was that loud music in the piazza went a little late one evening .

A very special thank you goes to the management for working with me to retrieve my luggage from Delta Airlines! We would certainly recommend La Dimora del Centro as a perfect place to stay in Florence.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently stayed in La Dimore del Centro in Florence, Italy for five nights. The accommodations are very lovely. This B & B has three rooms, along with a sitting area and kitchen with all the amenities to make you feel like you are at home. The table seats six and both an American style coffee pot and European style coffee pot are available at all times Fresh biscotti are also always available. The rooms each have a refrigerator. Wine glasses, plates, cups, are all available. The B & B is located just off the Della Repubblica but the rooms were quiet. It is a great location in Florence and a great place to stay. The rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ZTtravels
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in this bed and breakfast. It is difficult to find, look at the web site carefully and follow directions. It is a 10 minute walk from the train station. You will be in the absolute centre of the city. Make sure to get out and explore the side streets and the outer areas of Florence as the crowds can get a bit overwhelming. The price is very reasonable and as long as you are not looking for a five star experience you will enjoy this place. It does have a very handy tea room with a coffee machine and some light snacks as a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this beautiful property in December 2010. I booked the B&B after spending hours on TA and was very happy with it.

It was my first trip overseas and this was my accommodations for the first night…aka jet lag. To top things off, I was stranded in Frankfurt Airport for hours, and had to contact the staff at La Dimora del Centro multiple time to update them with my ETA. In the end, I arrived at 1:30 am, 13 hours later than intended. Despite all that, the staff couldn’t have been nicer. They quickly showed me around, and said that we could deal with check-in in the morning, so I could get some sleep…and I slept like a log, despite the jet lag. The next morning, the staff allowed me a later checkout time so that I could rest. Once I was up, I had great shower in the lovely bathroom, a quick coffee and then walked less than 5 minutes to meet my friends at the Uffizi museum. I was able to leave my luggage at the B&B while I did some sightseeing and picked it up later in the day.

The next time I visit Florence, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo