“Excellent food and service”
Review of La Grotta di Leo

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The best restaurant in Florence, great food, prices are great, very friendly staff. Will recommend this place to all.

• Visited September 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“ok food. but terribly lousy customer service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went to the restaraunt. A nice indian waiter served us. However. The rest of the staffs did not even bother about us. When I request for some olive oil they asked me to wait. Requested 4 times before I coukd get it. Worst still. A group of 4 locals came after us. Ordered their food after us. (By the way. One of them ordered pasta as well) and their food came before us!!! Waited for more than an hour for our food....Makes me wonder whether they are racist. I would never visit a restaurant wif such poor service again. Kudos to that indian waiter. If not, I dun think we would have any food at all.

• Visited October 2013
Spore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service and food”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I just ate there this evening and felt strongly to write a review on this restaurant, firstly they put me and my husband in this small corner where even my asian size had to squeeze into, secondly their service is so terrible that we had to try 3-4 times asking for something before its done.We saw other tables that came later than us were being served their food while we waited for our food for almost 1 hr.when the food came, the cabonara taste ok but super small portion and my pork grill is super tough! The last straw came when our dessert tirimisu came, this should not be call tirimisu as it doesn't have any rum taste n the texture is all hard (its not cheap either at 4.50 euro) . Totally ruin my Florence food experience!

• Visited October 2013
Kazan, Russia
“Total happiness”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

It is amazing! My friends and I were totally happy when we found this place! Everything starting from atmosphere and ending with personnel and cuisine was really-really great! They also have great local wine produced under their own name.
I wish we will have one more chance to visit it and I would recommend everyone coming to Florence to visit La Grotta di Leo!

Visited June 2013
“Rip-off, avoid”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Two of us stopped in for 10 mins to wait for someone. We sat at a table for 4 and despite the place being completely empty, were immediately asked to move and sit at a table for 2 (bearing in mind we had 2 heavy suitcases). Not to worry, we carried on and looked at the menu, we were then scorned when we asked only for drinks and no food. The waiter proceeded to clear away the two paper place mats and cutlery from our table. Clearly we were unwelcome here because we weren't eating and taking up precious space in the empty restaurant, which was shown upon leaving 5 minutes later only to be overcharged for the drinks we had. I have spent the last 2 weeks all over Italy, in restaurants and cafes, this is the only one I feel strongly enough about to write a review. I certainly will not be going back here!

• Visited September 2013