“Luciano and Luciana were dream hosts :-)”

La Signoria di Firenze B&B
Ranked #37 of 662 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I based my 3 ½ week trip in Italy out of Florence and spent three different sessions of time with Luciano and Luciana. I loved them before I even arrived as their correspondence was so kind and helpful. I traveled to Italy to learn to pray the Mass in Italian and to speak only Italian and my hosts understood and helped me beyond the call of duty! The room was SO clean and comfy. All my need were met and Luciana and I became great friends, spending a couple of evenings out together. The breakfast was amazing ... So much food I could not have possibly tried it all.

Luciana knew exactly where to send me to buy a scarf my first day out and when my lipstick broke she took me to the Farmacia to help me choose a color. We had so much fun.

When I left to travel to another city they stored my things not needed for the next trip safely at the hotel. They loaned me an iron and adapter (as I had forgotten mine). When I didn't return at the time expected Luciano called me, concerned for my safety.

Do not think twice ... Stay with Luciano and Luciana for the perfect homey stay in Florence.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 12, 2014

You can't get better than this. Perfect location, perfect room and perfect service. Thank you Luciano and Luciana for a perfect stay. The rooms were bigger than expected and very comfortable for a family of 4. The experience exceeded the description.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2014

What amazing hosts, so welcoming and attentive. We stayed for a week and everyday was a pleasure, we were made to feel at home. It was refreshing to have such personalised and genuine service, taking the time get to know the guests. Housekeeping were also very friendly and courteous. Gorgeous rooms and cleaned everyday perfectly! Great coffee in the mornings and delicious breaky. Great location to all attractions and restaurants, everything only a short walk. Be sure to get a baguette from the tiny shop downstairs. Recommend to all travellers from couples to families. We will definitely be back! - Thank you - this was the cherry on top to our first visit to such a gorgeous city x

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and daughters and I spent 3 days here in Late May. The Room was spacious and easliy slept 4 adults (my daughters are 22 and 19). Full sized, modern bathroom and lots of closet space. Our hosts were perfect in every way..help with directions, breakfast in the morning, and frankly just leaving us alone to be on vacation. It felt like we were staying at a private condo.
Located on a very quiet street in walking distance to all attractions. We never needed to take a bus or Cab to explore all of Florence.

I have already recommended this BB to a few friends and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had amazing stay at La Signoria. Luciano's warm hospitality greeted us each morning with a delicious breakfast spread and the best cappuccinos in Florence. Room service was tops. Brilliant location - right off the Palazzo Vecchio. We would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting to enjoy the sights of Florence.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and myself spent three wonderful days in Florence and made an excellent choice of staying here. We were dropped off at the wrong hotel by the taxi driver and didn't realise until he had left. The reception called our hotel, which was only a few minutes away, and gave us directions. We had not walked far when a gentleman called our name - it was Luciano. He had come out to meet us and help with our luggage!

Before arriving I had emailed asking if they were able to help me with reservations and Luciano was extremely helpful and booked tickets for the Accademia and Uffizi. He was so welcoming on arrival and gave us a list of restaurants which he had marked on a map and also marked the main places of interest! Our refrigerator was broken and we therefore had no mini bar but Luciano offered us complimentary drinks and anything we wanted out of the main refrigerator for free.

The location is fantastic - right next to Piazza Della Signoria. Our room was spacious and very clean with a beautiful traditional touch. There were complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer. Breakfast was really lovely, served by Luciana who even came in to provide us with an early breakfast on our last day.

I would most definitely recommend you stay here when visiting Florence.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The property is located just meters from the Piazza della Signoria, and within a short walk of the main train station. Quiet side street, easy walk up. Very near all the well-known attractions in Florence. We arrived in the evening, so our host Luciano had coordinated with us to access our room after hours. Both Luciano and his sister Luciana were wonderful hosts and treated us very well. Breakfast was good, with treats available throughout the day. Our suite had two rooms to accommodate 4 people (2 teenagers), and were clean, spacious, simple and nicely modernized. Wi Fi was good. Although a lot of activity in the nearby plaza (with World Cup partying going on), the room was quiet, air conditioning worked well We had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family