La Signoria di Firenze B&B
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$654
$634
  • Restaurant
All reviewsperfect locationtrain stationhigh ceilingson footperfect stayno elevatornice breakfastaround the cornercentral florencelucianoheartluggagecerealkeyscheese
Reviewed March 19, 2014

During our Spain/ Italy trip we received email from Lucanio asking our arrival time. I answered and told him we'd be there around noon. I was a little worried about arriving at 12pm and not having a spot for our luggage seeing most hotels check in is after 4pm. He was all ready for us at noon, as was the room! He provided a short list of recommended restaurants in the area and brief explanation of cruise: lunch/dinner/pizza/etc. We immediately headed out for a lunch sandwich. Place he recommended was incredible. Lucanio and Lucana (brother/sister) are the owners and realize customer service is a priority. The location is superb, located on a small little side street that leads to the plaza where the David is. Rooms (maybe 6-7 total) are basic but very clean. Staff cleans everyday at 11am or so. I was surprised to see so many updates to such a small B&B, electronic locks on doors, bathroom with newer fixtures and flat screen tvs. Lucanio makes breakfast every morning which is simple: café, croissants, fruit, yogurt and cereal. He takes pride in his espresso drinks too. Last praise came on our checkout. We knew he had a big weekend crowd coming in on our Friday departure date. Problem was our flight was not until 7pm. I asked about leaving luggage somewhere out of the room until then so as we would not have to drag around all day. He promptly said No Problem! he would provide lobby key code so we could come back and retrieve them late in the afternoon and enjoy the city one more day. Great value, great location, and maybe most important great host!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This B&B was perfect for us. Located centrally to everything. It was nice to be able to go shopping and drop things off, use the restroom, or take a nap when ever we felt like it. Bring ear plugs b/c it can be noisy at night from the night clubs but it wasn't every night. If you are looking for a quiet place then you'll have to find a place on the outskirts and lose the convenience. Luciano, Luciana, and Guido were all very friendly. Communication was difficult at times but it all worked out. Daily room cleaning was nice and thorough. Felt like the room was clean. Breakfast in the morning was simple (yogurt/pastry/fruit). They will make individual coffees for you. We found the espresso to be better than the cappuccinos. They do provide towels, shower gel and shower caps in the bathroom. Shower was small but adequate, good water pressure and never ran out of hot water. Took a taxi from Florence airport from the taxi stand and it was 20 euros plus 1 euro per bag (this is standard for travel to the city center). I read that taxi drivers usually aren't tipped in Italy but we were grateful to get to the B&B w/o incident so we gave the driver 25 euros. When we left in the morning back to the airport, Luciano called for a taxi and they were there in 2 minutes. Same rate. Overall, great food, great place, great vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Hotel is just near the Channel and the square, and just 5 minutes to bridge.
Hotel owners are just so nice and kind and very helpfull.
They also recommend very nice places to eat and see.
If ı will ever go Firenze again we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sinem_sin
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I recently stayed here for 3 days on my first visit to Florence. This B&B is located just right next to the Piazza della Signoria and close to every famous attractions. From the Stazione di Firenze Santa Maria Novella, it takes about 15 min on foot.
Luciano was very helpful, kind and welcoming, even though I arrived there so late at night.
The breakfast was good, especially the cappuccino Luciano served every morning.
The condition of room was nice and clean. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend visit to Florence. The location of the B&B could not be better. It is less than a block from the Palazzo Vecchio, five minutes from the Duomo and 15 minutes from the train station. Every attraction in Florence is an easy walk from here.
The owner, Luciano, gave us the best service I have ever received during a stay anywhere. He contacted me with information after the booking was made, a rare thing for most hotels these days, and provided all needed information on getting there. He greeted us at the door and helped with the luggage. This is the point where customer service really took over.
When asked for my passport for check in, I realized I had left my travel bag in the taxi that brought us from the airport. This had everything I needed in it: passport, wallet, high value electronics, etc. Despite my anguish, Luciano said he would take care of it. Within fifteen minutes of realizing my error, he had retrieved the bag for me and returned it. After checkout, we realized we had left several high value items in the safe in the room. Once again, Luciano came to our rescue and is sending the things back to us.
There was always someone there to make us coffee in the morning and breakfast was neatly laid out and waiting.
This B&B has gone the extra mile to keep the customer happy and I highly recommend staying there if you visit Florence.

Room Tip: The last apartment in the hallway is large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple