So you're staying in Florence a few days....maybe travelling alone (as I was), or as a couple.
You need somewhere central...for convenience? You like comfort, cleanliness and friendliness? Helpfulness too, just in case. Somewhere unfussy and welcoming to return to after a long day out indulging in the delights of the city? Somewhere to set out from, feeling refreshed the next day? Well....this ticks all the boxes!
The proximity of this friendly five-bedroomed little B&B to the sights of Florence is ridiculous. You are literally a few paces away from the Piazza della Signoria....(easy to find, the wooden doors to the place are next door to a little handy greengrocer....the Mercato Nuovo at one end of the little narrow street, the Chanel shop at the other). I stayed in February as a solo traveller and was treated to the Cellini Room with its high ceiling of Tuscan oak and double bed. The room was immaculate. Temperature controlled how you like it. Everything crisp, clean and fresh each day. Ideal.
Luciano and Luciana were the right combination you need to be looked after during your stay....accommodating, helpful, friendly and efficient. Neither or them, at their own admission, are fluent English speakers but they know enough to handle your needs. And, in any case, I think it is most wise to try speaking a little Italian yourself so you can meet certain situations like this with a sense of fun and a smile....especially over breakfast!! It was good to practice before the day ahead....for ordering, buying, and pronunciation etc. Grazi mille, Luciano e Luciana!
Most importantly though, it is so conveniently placed in the centre that it was great to drop off any pictures, books and momentoes during the day rather than carrying it all around...and even freshening up a little before setting out again. Florence is, of course, a place so easy to get around on foot.
I didn't hear any disco music as some people have reported. I arrived on a Tuesday and left on a Saturday. However, I did hear a busker down the road in the late evening....and an airy, lilting flautist somewhere playing Clair de Lune. I didn't mind that!!!
Highly recommended. Highly!! And thanks to my hosts for making my trip a comfortable and problem-free one. Ciao!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed & Breakfast La Signoria di Firenze stands in the heart of Florence, 20 metres from Piazza della Signoria, in the historical Calimaruzza street and in the charming scenery of the center of Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Signoria di Firenze B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Signoria Di Firenze Hotel Florence
- La Signoria Di Firenze Bed And Breakfast