“Slap bang in the middle of town - and classily done.”

La Signoria di Firenze B&B
Ranked #29 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
“Slap bang in the middle of town - and classily done.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Luciano and Luciana couldn't have been more helpful, including waiting up for our very late arrival on a Sunday night.

The location is everything: a hundred metres from la Piazza della Signoria and two hundred metres from the Ponte Vecchio. The high-ceilinged rooms have been tastefully decorated and the bed was huge, if a little firm for our taste.

The room servicing was exemplary: every nbight we came home to a room in immaculate condition.

Breakfast was plentiful: lots of rolls, croissants, pastries and cereals. We asked for some fresh fruit, which was provided immediately.

But its abiding asset is its location: in the beating heart of the city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Ajqmarketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here one week in February. This is a wonderful B &B, with cute and clean room, friendly and kind owner, and perfect location which exactly the corner of P. Signoria.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sao Paulo
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Excellent combination! Service of Luciano & Luciana excellent, never invasive but with lot of care. Location couldn't be better, the rooms are very good, pricewise great value for the money. Highly recommended when in Florence!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marceloscandella
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I would like to start by saying I did not actually stay at la signoria because it did not have an elevator, and I have a slight disability (prosthetic legs), but thought I should write this review all the same.

The owner (I assume), was extremely helpful and reserved us a room in his nephew's b&b, down the road with an equally amazing location and an arguably nicer rooms, due to the mix up.

Was delighted that he was so gracious and helpful in the situation and even dragged our luggage up the street for us.

Amazing service, and I had a peak at the rooms before I left which looked lovely and great value with such a well located place.

thanks guys!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Djhookie
Toronto
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in November 2011 for 3 nights and we cannot say enough great things about this B&B. In terms of location, you cannot get more central than La Signoria. Everything, and I mean everything, is close. The furthest sight is the David and even that only took 10 minutes to walk to!

Luciana is fantastic and made our stay even that much better. She suggested a bunch of great restaurants and sights to see and provided us with city maps and clear directions! If you happened to be in the B&B mid afternoon she offers to make you a nice cappuccino before going out and continuing with sight-seeing. Also, our train left late at night and we were able to keep our luggage in the hotel and were given spare keys to continue to come and go as we needed to throughout the last day.

The only down side, if you can call it that, is that we did not have access to the WiFi in our room but it is free and it works perfectly in the lobby (and I assume in rooms closer to the lobby) but we always felt welcome to sit at the tables and use the WiFi.

Overall, great stay, we will definitely be back to La Signoria!

Room Tip: If WiFi inside your room is important to you ask for one closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MFBM03
New Zealand
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I recently stayed at La Signora di Firenze B&B on my first trip to Florence. I was on a solo trip, which I was a little nervous about as it was my first trip to Florence and I was on my own without my usual travelling companion - my husband! This B&B was brilliant, from the minute I arrived there I was made to feel welcome and I felt safe and comfortable for the three days I was there. It is very central and close to all attractions, I would recommend the Uffizi gallery (I loved it), the Mercato Centrale where you can buy an amazing lunch and take in the amazing food stalls, and the climb to the top of the Duomo (worth the view!). The B&B was very clean and even though it was central it was very quiet. The hosts were great and couldn't do enough to help out with maps, tips on restaurants, transport etc. If you are looking for somewhere in Florence that is central, clean, well-priced and friendly I honestly recommend La Signoria di Firenze - next time I go back to Florence (hopefully with hubbie in tow) I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank JessHBNZ
Haifa
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Me and my wife spent four nights during November 2011 at the place for our Honeymoon. The location is ultimate (2 mins. walking distance to everywhere a tourist may want to go in Florence). Both the Room and the private bath are large, unlike in many hotels in Europe. Also unlike many hotels in Europe, they are extremely clean and well-maintained (looked like they just opened the place when we were there - in a good sense). The two brothers running the place are extremely nice and helpful and the price was more than reasonable taking into account all other things. Would definitely recommend/stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple