This was our second visit to Florence. We were initially part of a tour group 10 years ago, and we had to stay at a large chain hotel far away from the sights due to limited bus traffic near the old city.
This time we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with our teenage kids, and we wanted to stay in the middle of all of the action. Located right next to Piazza della Signoria ( and within blocks of Pz.. Republica and the Ponte Vechhio) and an easy walk from the train station, we were welcomed by our host Sr. Nesti with cold water, fruit juice, and biscotti. We were pleasantly surprised by our well appointed bedroom. The bathroom was large and the beds were very comfortable.
Sr. Nesti made reservations for the Acadamy and Uffizi museums for us to avoid the long lines, and his recommendations for restaurants were on the money! He also gave us his cell number so that he was availbale at all times.
Breakfast was continental style as expected including bread, croissant, cheese, biscotti, yogurt, and an assortment of cereals. However their capaccino was the most memorable item... the best we ever had.
Housekeeping did a great job of keeping our rooms clean.
As we were in the middle of the major sites, we could appreciate the sound of the local shop keepers setting up their carts every AM at the Nuova Market, but one really gets a feeling of what it is like to live in Firenze. We were only a few yards from the Uffizi and we Pallazio Vecchio so it was nice to hang out watching the people and artists. Excellent restaurants were nearby.
If we are blessed, we plan on returning and staying at this fine bed and breakfast.
Grazie mille, Luciano and Luciana Nesti!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed & Breakfast La Signoria di Firenze stands in the heart of Florence, 20 metres from Piazza della Signoria, in the historical Calimaruzza street and in the charming scenery of the center of Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Signoria di Firenze B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Signoria Di Firenze Hotel Florence
- La Signoria Di Firenze Bed And Breakfast