“Poor service and expensive, despite the advertised cheep meal deal.”
Review of La Sagrestia - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pitti
Heathfield, United Kingdom
“Poor service and expensive, despite the advertised cheep meal deal.”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The meal deal makes this look a good cheep place, but the table tax was high for a pizza place, and the drinks very expensive. While we were there a party questioned their bill and the chief came to speak to them, this got a bit heated and the next thing we knew the waiter and the chief were brawling, with the chief being push so that he almost landed in our pizza. I just managed to catch my husbands beer before it was knocked all over us. We were not even offed an apology.

• Visited October 2011

London, United Kingdom
“Cosy and looks fancy but let down by poor service”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

After a busy day sight-seeing in Florence, my partner and I were looking for somewhere to eat close to the Ponte Vecchio bridge. Famished, we regretfully picked the first place we saw that seemed reasonably priced and looked a bit fancy (which it did, to its credit). The food was not the best we tasted over the weekend and was slightly pricey for what it was, but it was not a total let down and we particularly enjoyed the ribollita. However, the customer service was appalling. Our waiter was moving at the speed of light around a fairly empty restaurant and although he seemed to be the one in charge, he was flustered to the point where I wanted to tell him to take a breather. We were not cared for at all and he seemed very jumpy. His assistant was not dressed in waiter's garb but in jeans and a t-shirt and seemed to hang around near to the front desk giving the whole affair a somewhat illicit feel. We would recommend moving further along the road, as in hindsight there seemed to be quite a few, much nicer establishments there.

• Visited August 2011
“You get what you pay for - not much”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

After a morning rushing around Florence doing the normal touristy things, we decided to stop for a cheap lunch somewhere nearby. La Sagrestia was one of the first restaurants we walked past and were caught by the cheap prices of lunch meals, pleasant looking interior and english menu.

Stupidly, I ordered the risotto of asparigus and prawns. My husband ordered his usual pizza with cheese and salami (which he had prob eaten about 6 times (in different restaurants since being in europe for the last 3 weeks).

My risotto came out and having watched many a cooking show, and eaten many risottos in the past I could easy tell it was not a risotto. The rice was long grain and had pretty much been boiled and then mixed together with olice oil to loosen it up. Chopped up was maybe one asparigus spear and two prawns sitting on top, These were unpeeled, which is fine, but on attempting to peel them, I could tell it was hardly worth the effort as it was so small, that the prawn was basically made up of shell, so got NO meat from them. I know I cant expect abundant seafood for 10 euros but a decent prawn wouldnt go astray if thats whats in the menu, I also expect if its going to be called a risotto, it should be cooked like a proper risotto using the right rice.

My husband also said his pizza was the worst he had had so far on our trip.

Spare yourself and spend 10 euro on a tasty foccacia next door!

• Visited September 2011
Mississauga, Canada
“Great food and Great Service”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were walking in Florence looking for somewhere to eat, and came upon this restaurant. At first I was hesitant to go in bc the menu was smaller - but when we ordered, we couldnt have asked for more better food. The pizza was perfect - what pizza should taste like and our pasta was melting in my mouth. The highlight? Tiramisu. Homemade. Our waiter was fantastic - very friendly, made us feel like he's feeding us in his home.

• Visited July 2011
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Food & Atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We ate here twice during our vacation, and everything was delicious! We had pizza the first time, and it was great. The second time we each had different pasta dishes, and they were very good. Roberto & Vito are friendly, and it's a charming place to relax & enjoy a great meal. I would definitely eat here again!

• Visited May 2011