“Lovely Florentine Food”

Osteria All'Antico Mercato
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria All'Antico Mercato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 2,807 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had our Florentine Steak there and they prepared it the authentic way without asking if we want the steak medium cooked or well done which some restaurants would do so in order to suit the taste of tourists. The steak came out well grilled on the outside while the inside is cooked to rare but not bloody. This makes the whole beef easy to chew without the taste of blood :) We also had their salted codfish which was so lovely that I went back the second night for the same dish. Basically, the restaurant is not expensive as compared to other tourist restaurant, the food is pretty good and the staff, they worked as hard as they could, trying to accommodate to the crowd and they are pretty well mannered :)

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for something simple when we settled at Marciana. Part of the attraction was the waiter stating they had green beans and my celiac ladies thought that sounded good with a steak. They were upset to find that the kitchen did not in fact have them.

The highlight was the grilled steak (very modest portion) and the Bordeaux steak. The table bread tasted like it was pre-packaged and frozen, the chicken fettuccine was boring, the lasagna and the spaghetti were fair. The kicker was this came to 170€ after 1 bottle of house wine and a cheese plate appetizer.

Go three more blocks away from St Marks and you can find plenty of better options.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I can't believe these people went to the same restaurant that I did. The place was not crowded, which should have been a tip-off. The place somehow reminded me of the chain, The Olive Garden, both in decor and quality of food. The decor was pleasant enough--I have no problem the decor, but I had the worst 4-stagioni pizza I have ever eaten, oily and stingy on the ingredients, and my companion felt her chicken fettuccine was average, although the tomato salad with mozzarella was ample and perfectly fine. If I had a choice I would pass this one by. . .

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had spent 3 weeks in Europe already sampling great food everywhere. But this place was phenomenal. Just amazing food, quality service and affordable . It was so good we went back the next night and it was just as great!!

1  Thank 648,764,378
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Was there for dinner for 3 nights. The food was great with reasonable price and without bread charge. Restaurant was near train station and staff were friendly.

Will come back again if I happen to be in Florence.