“Excellent all around!”

Ranked #75 of 300 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Walnut Creek, California
“Excellent all around!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating part of our 25th Anniversary in Florence and a friend recommended this location. The room was large and accommodating for our week long stay; it was very comfortable after our daily excursions. Clara was VERY helpful recommending eateries, sites, memberships, travel tips, shopping, etc. She even made reservations for us!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KeithB25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Clara is the friendliest host and it was our favorite place that we stayed in all of Italy! The apartment was so comfortable and we loved being away from the crowds. It was easy to get to and from the train station by bus. Boboli Gardens nearby are not to be missed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bonnie M
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We booked 12 days at this apartment. On the 10th day, we told the owners, Clara and Carlo, of our plans to leave early on the 12th day to return to Rome and catch our flight. They checked the train schedule and found that we would have missed our flight and that we had to leave on the 11th day instead. Without us having to ask, they refunded our final days' payment.

And that's the kind of wonderful service we received!

Location is great. I highly recommend this apartment.

Plus, there is a washer and dryer on site. :-)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Istanbul
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I take a trip to Florence every April and have stayed at Poggio Imperiale every year since 2007. Let me start by saying that Clara and Carlo couldn't be more hospitable. I am always greeted by one of them upon my arrival and immediately made to feel at home. Although I am familiar with Florence, they are always eager to help me with suggestions for lesser-known destinations and great restaurants more frequented by locals. They are both warm and sincere and quickly make you feel like family.

The apartments are spacious and beautifully decorated with original art, old family photos, a tasteful blend of antique furniture and more contemporary pieces, and tiled floors with Tuscan motifs. The beds are comfortable and covered with floral spreads, and the kitchens are modern and filled with all the necessary amenities. They have clearly put time and thought into the design of each room so that they are fully functional, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing. You do not feel like you are staying in a hotel; you feel more like a guest in someone's villa.

There are trattorias, cafes, and grocery stores in close proximity to the apartments, and Clara and Carlo will help you with suggestions and reservations. If you are looking for a beautiful and memorable experience in Florence, look no further than Poggio Imperiale.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank I-Ricci I
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed December 15, 2011

this is my 4th trip to Firenze but I never stayed in an apartment. I will never stay in another hotel. Clara was always around to help suggest places to eat and to make us reservations for eating and museums. the neighborhood was fabulous, never had to leave it for delicious and reasonably priced meals. Everything was either an easy walk or a bus ride. the bus stop is with 1-2 blocks from the apartment. there are also grocery stores and a wine store that lets you bring in an empty bottle and they will fill it with your choice of very good local wine for a fraction of the cost at a regular store. I would definately return here on my next trip to Firenze. thank you Clara for a truely memorable stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Maria, large bathroom, comfortable bed.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is my second time staying at the Poggio Imperiale apartments. Clara, the owner, was very warm and extremely helpful with suggestions for what to see, do and where to eat. We arrived late in the evening and Clara was waiting for us with a smile and treated us like family. The apartment is right in front of the Porto Romano wall and a short walk (15 min) to the Ponte Vecchio. We had our morning coffee around the corner at Cafe Romano and ate at several neighborhood trattorias which were reasonable and very tasty. We were able to park our car in the garage around the block which was great since the center of Florence is off limits to cars. The bus lines were right in front of the Porto Romano too. Although we didn't make it this trip, the Boboli Gardens were only a stones throw from the apartment and is on our list to see next time. The apartment was clean and fully furnished. We cooked dinner for ourselves one night. There are several small coops and butchers nearby which had everything we needed. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend these apartments. Great value, great location and lovely people.

Room Tip: 9 apartments and all of them are fabulous. No bad choices. All have air conditioning and heating.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I lived at Poggio Imperiale for 3 months while attending Polimoda Fashion Institute. For my student visa application I needed proof of accommodations in Florence and CLARA helped me with this (she was a total angel!) She sent me a letter to confirm my place of residence....made the process less stressful for me! The apartments are very "Italian" and I absolutely loved it! The building was nice and the neighborhood was very clean and quiet. Best part about living at Poggio Imperiale was their laundry room. FREE LAUNDRY!! And they have dryers, which is very rare for Italy. Overall, I had a pleasant time during my entire stay at Poggio Imperiale. Highly recommend this place for Polimoda and as well as other International Students.

Room Tip: For international students, they should contact Clara for assisting in accommodations. Stay for a mi...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled solo