“excellent spot for light Sunday lunch”
Review of Il Santino

Il Santino
Ranked #510 of 2,808 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed September 19, 2013

we stumbled across this at Sunday lunchtime when Il Santo Bevitore next door was closed. Turned out to be a good moving to see the little brother.

Small place with excellent salads and wine. Only down point is that we did not eat quickly enough for my wife to get a dolce as the last one was sold in front of her eyes. Always a next time.

Fortuitously we were browsing through the local paper and spotted an exhibition which had just started at the Villa Bardini so that took care of Sunday afternoon as well.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

What a find!

Saw it in lonely planet and found it after eating out just down the road...

All I have to say about this place is if you like wine and cheese go here!

I had a glass of brunello with some cheese and pear chutney and it was divine!! Girlfriend had similar and it was also superb!

If I went again I would go early evening just so I had more room to eat the amazing cheeses and meats they had on offer!! However a glass of brunello was the perfect way to end the evening... Thanks santino!!

1  Thank James H
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a glass of wine here while waiting for a table down the street. We were told by the waitress, when she came out with 2 canapés and we looked perplexed, that each glass comes with a bite to eat. Love it! The place had a great feel to it though seating was limited. I guess in Italy that doesn't matter though because you can have your glass of wine while standing on the sidewalk. They even have shelves built into the outside wall for your wine glass!

1  Thank png888
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a sweet little spot tucked away near Santo Spirito. It was cozy and a lovely afternoon pick me up after lots of walking.

1  Thank Allison S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If I lived in Florence I would be a regular in this tiny spot - sometimes lunch, or drinks with friends, or dinner, confident in top notch food - perhaps a sublime duck liver terrine, a glorious ribollita, a slice of exquisite torte set off with a large glass of lip-smacking red or white house wine. All choices are delicious and charmingly served by the knowledgeable staff. Squisitissimo!

1  Thank misticana