Review of FlorenceTown

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Florencetown offers the highest quality small-group and private tours in town and in Tuscany with guaranteed departures from Florence. Unique experiences from the tour operator internationally-recognized as THE specialist in Florence and Tuscany.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

A truly beautiful town, lots to see and visit, some cobbled streets so flat comfy shoes is a must .. the architecture is beyond belief .. plenty of shops to browse and but .. leather and lace are od good quality and leather clothing looks to be well made .. the walk along the river is stunning if you have time .. very pretty with also lots of interesting sights .. the museum to see the statue of David etc is well worth a look, but there are lots of pieces outside to see for free .. but just to stroll round and take in the sights is good ..

Write a ReviewReviews (4,087)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 97 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We booked a tour with Florencetown to see the Vassari Corridor. Our tour guide, Mario, was very interesting and made the art work come to life. Within 10 minutes he knew everyone by name. He was partnered with a woman who had her Phd. in Art History. She was a wealth of information and very willing to answer any questions. Her insight of the art in the Uffizi was fascinating. The Vasari Corridor and the story behind it was wonderful. The self portraits of the artists was very interesting. I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Beautiful city - finding parking was difficult - probably because of trying to watch the roads and local drivers!! Eventually parked out by the Fortezza and bus park, then walked in. Be careful of coffee prices, 4 Euro!!! Go down one of the back streets and grab one for around 2 Euro instead. A bustling hive of activity, good street markets but be careful of showing signs of liking anything, they're on you like a ton of bricks - such a put-off for me! I would have loved to have bought a leather coat, but they didn't leave me alone to make a choice, so I left with...nothing!! We rounded corners and emerged onto piazzas to be hit by the incredible beauty, architecture and art that makes Florence what it is. The Ponte Vecchio bridge is breathtaking. We didn't do the tours but took our time drinking in the beauty as we walked around the city. We ate pasta and pizza next to the river for 20 Euro for 2, including a beer and a glass of wine. Worth seeing at least once in a lifetime.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Both of these tours were amazing!!!My husband and I went to Florence for our honeymoon and had an amazing time during both tours!

During the bike tour, we got to see the city and learn more about the historic landmarks and their significance. We also got some great tips on what is worth seeing during your vacation.

The line for the Uffizi gallery, even if you have a reservation, is wayyy toooo long!! With the VIP tour, you get to skip the lines and have a tour guide go through the muesum with you and explain all the artwork. No one, unless you are in this group, is allowed in the Vasari Corridor, which is the corridor used by the famous Medicci family. The Medicci family were a very important family in Florence during the Renaissance, and you are able to go in their private corridor where they house some of the most important pieces of artwork. It was breathtaking and definately worth the money to walk through it.

These were both such great ideas to start up as tours, but the tour guides were also very knowledgeable about everything in the city, which made it that much more enjoyable.

I highly recommend both. Whether you are with your family, or on a honeymoon, like my husband and I were! They were so much fun.

1  Thank melissan489
See more reviews
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been meaning to submit this review since my wife and I went to Italy last September 2012. We had the opportunity to take the Vespa Tour of Tuscany with Florence Town. Beyond a doubt this was the most memorable part of our whole trip to Italy for me. From beginning to end the whole experience was fantastic. Riding through the Tuscan Hills on a beautiful sunny day with a great group of people that we met for the first time. Having a lunch at the Villa Cortini and sampling the local cuisine with great wine made right on the estate. I recently opened the fabulous bottle of Chianti wine that I bought at the Villa. It brought back a lot of memories.

I also can't say enough about the group of guys that ran the tour that day. They made the experience even better if that was possible. They all had a great sense of humour and you could clearly see that they enjoyed what they were doing.

if you only have the chance to do one tour while in Florence, take this one. You will not regret it. You are in for an experience of a life time!!!

Steve Reid