“Florence, the most beautiful city in the world!”
Review of FlorenceTown

and up
Florence Cooking Class: Learn How to Make Gelato and Pizza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Florencetown offers the highest quality small-group and private tours in town and in Tuscany with guaranteed departures from Florence. Unique experiences from the tour operator internationally-recognized as THE specialist in Florence and Tuscany.
Colchester, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Florence, the most beautiful city in the world!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Me and my partner went to Flornece April 2012 for my birthday for 7 days 2 days of sun and 5 of rain and we still loved it!
This is true say the most beautiful city in the world. We toured it day by day, eating in the fine restaurants finishing everytime with coffee as the old Italian tradition goes!
We first visited the Statue of David, wow is all I can say. We went around all the museums, most which state no photography unfortunately :(
The Dumomo, the largest brick dome in the world is a big climb, the stairs are steep and narrow and you have to pass other tourists on their way down when youre on your way up! However, when you get to the top it is breathtaking. The only downfall would be that you have to take pictures through a wire cage-like thing over the top, obviously for safety reasons so I wont complain!
The Ponte Vecchio, the bridge looking over the Arno River was something we came accross without realising after wondering aimlessly. Its full of top of the range expense, Rollex, Pandora, you name it! (My boyfriend did subcide and buy me two beads for my charm bracelet with topped off the find!) We crossed this bridge and AGAIN stummbled accross the Bobolli Gardens which after entering and passing Uffizi you find the most beautiful eye catching gardens, luckilly it was one of our sunny days that we found this. We got icecream, I'd reccommend the pistacio flavour and sat in these gardens surrounded by painters, families,artists, and song. I'd recomment to do this when you visit Florence, its incredible.
Piazza Dell Repubblica was our favourite square to visit, it has a sheltered section full of tourist gifts and 'bits and bob' like stuff and then in the square a merry go round entertainment street dancers and musicians daily and we went to eat here most days. I would recomment the small out door bit of the restaurant on the far right, its pizzasm pastas and cheese cake are to die for! We also found a Hard Rock Cafe here which was the highlight as it brought us back home!
I wont tatter on too much, but lastly, you must want to shop if you visit Florence! Me, I'm a sucker for Valentino so that was a highlight, and then obviously Zara and such shops were lovely!

Visited April 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Cooking class was great”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed the 5 hour cooking class, which ended up taking more like 6 hours. We took the class on a busy Saturday 12/29, so the class was big with about 23 people and two chefs. Most of the attendees were American tourists, though we had some from Australia too. We started at 10am with a visit to the market, where we had two demonstrations and tastings of various items (and opportunity for purchase), and then we headed to their private kitchen for the cooking class. The chefs were entertaining while they walked us through making tiramisu and then pasta from scratch. We finished with a meal, eating our own cooking, which turned out really tasty. The experience was fun and informative, but be prepared to spend a big chunk of the day as we did not finish till 4pm.

2 Thank MSB1203
San Francisco, California
“Eat, Pray, Love”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My two girlfriends and I endulged in a trip of a lifetime. It was amazing. We loved Chef Giovanni. He was very warm and fuzzy. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Vespa tour through Tuscany. I cannot wait to return.

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Florence”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

One of the most beautiful places we have visited... from the narrowing cobbled streets, the magnificent architecture and bridges, to the food... even ice cream! Take all the on off tour buses and avoid congestion and parking tickets!

Visited January 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sensational, fun day!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My partner and I took part in the cooking class on Thursday, 27 December.
What a fabulous, fun day it was.
I am of Italian origin, but I learnt so much that I didn't know about cooking.
We were first taken to the local fresh produce market - had a taste test of some local cheeses, oilve oil and balsamic vinegar together with other home made products.
We were then taken to taste some Tuscan sweet wine and dessert.
Our next stop was the butcher where we bought the meat for our bolognaise sauce.
The whole time, Andrea, the chef was explaining about Italian eating habits and various other important facets about food.
We were then taken to the kitchen - hands washed, aprons on and we were ready to cook.
Tiramisu was first.
The fresh pasta next after which followed the bolognaise sauce.
We commenced the class at around 10.00am and finished at approximately 3.30pm.
The whole time we were guided and assisted and also shown some handy tips to use in the kitchen by Andrea.
Julio, the assistant was friendly and very helpful.
Andrea was very knowledgeable on food and at times very witty.
I would have liked some refreshments being served in between or at least available as it was a long day without a drink of something until we sat down to eat the food that we had prepared and cooked.
We sat down to Bruschetta which we didn't prepare, which was disappointing.
It was a fun day and if you are looking for something different to do - then this is definitely it.
Thank you Andrea and Julio, your cooking class made our trip to Florence even more enjoyable!

Visited December 2012