“Eat, Pray, Love”

and up
Florence Cooking Class: Learn How to Make Gelato and Pizza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Florencetown offers the highest quality small-group and private tours in town and in Tuscany with guaranteed departures from Florence. Unique experiences from the tour operator internationally-recognized as THE specialist in Florence and Tuscany.
San Francisco, California
“Eat, Pray, Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

My two girlfriends and I endulged in a trip of a lifetime. It was amazing. We loved Chef Giovanni. He was very warm and fuzzy. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Vespa tour through Tuscany. I cannot wait to return.

Visited July 2012

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

One of the most beautiful places we have visited... from the narrowing cobbled streets, the magnificent architecture and bridges, to the food... even ice cream! Take all the on off tour buses and avoid congestion and parking tickets!

Visited January 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sensational, fun day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My partner and I took part in the cooking class on Thursday, 27 December.
What a fabulous, fun day it was.
I am of Italian origin, but I learnt so much that I didn't know about cooking.
We were first taken to the local fresh produce market - had a taste test of some local cheeses, oilve oil and balsamic vinegar together with other home made products.
We were then taken to taste some Tuscan sweet wine and dessert.
Our next stop was the butcher where we bought the meat for our bolognaise sauce.
The whole time, Andrea, the chef was explaining about Italian eating habits and various other important facets about food.
We were then taken to the kitchen - hands washed, aprons on and we were ready to cook.
Tiramisu was first.
The fresh pasta next after which followed the bolognaise sauce.
We commenced the class at around 10.00am and finished at approximately 3.30pm.
The whole time we were guided and assisted and also shown some handy tips to use in the kitchen by Andrea.
Julio, the assistant was friendly and very helpful.
Andrea was very knowledgeable on food and at times very witty.
I would have liked some refreshments being served in between or at least available as it was a long day without a drink of something until we sat down to eat the food that we had prepared and cooked.
We sat down to Bruschetta which we didn't prepare, which was disappointing.
It was a fun day and if you are looking for something different to do - then this is definitely it.
Thank you Andrea and Julio, your cooking class made our trip to Florence even more enjoyable!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank tinap7200
Mason, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing day with Chef Giovanni”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This class was recommended by a friend at church she said it was the best part of her Italy vacation. She sent us the information on the class. I have to agree. My husband and I had so much fun and can't wait to try the recipes out with our friends.

Visited December 2012
Marlboro, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Florence fun and deliciousness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

What a terrific family day! Giovanni and Andrea are the real deal. First, we started at a market where we go to sample some Italian staples, such as olive oil, pesto and black truffle honey. Then it was off to the restaurant where we immediately had a hands-on, interesting, informative, entertaining, and best of all, delicious experience. We took the 5-hour course where we made bolognese, bruschetta, tiramisu, tagliatelle, ravioli and sage and butter sauce. My whole family, my husband, son (15), daughter (12), recount this as the best thing we did in Florence. I am certainly going to pull out these recipes for Christmas!

Visited July 2012