“Wish I'd found it yesterday!”
Review of Il Vinaino

Il Vinaino
Ranked #1,102 of 2,930 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant provided good service, nice atmosphere, good for solo travellers, excellent value and the food was OK too! If I stayed in Florence again, I would certainly come back here.

Thank Helene Christin... P

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Pastas are good but definitely tourist prices. The neighborhood has quite a bit of quanderers at night but we didn't feel threaten by them (or maybe I just didn't understand them).

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was there in the begining og this year with a friend, and we have a nice time. The fodd its cheap and the staff are very nice (diferent of other places in Italy, that they can be very rude).

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We found this place after walking for about 25 minutes, searching for another highly-rated restaurant, only to find the one we were searching for to be closed. This was our last meal in Florence and we wanted to make sure that we made it a good one. While this place is small, our party of eight was seated almost immediately. Our waitress spoke excellent English.

Our main dishes were above average. Of special note were the gnocchi dishes - spinach gnocchi, gnocchi with blue cheese, cream, and asparagus. They certainly know how to make great gnocchi – light, but filling. The house-made tiramisu was outstanding, as was the fig/nut/honey tart.

Unlike many other restaurants we had tried, the service at this place was lightening fast.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

It was our third night in Firenze. We were planning on crossing the Arno but less than 5 minutes from our hotel ( Adler Cavalieri) we came across this trattoria. Unlike many restaurants we had passed it was full with customers. Having walked many miles during the day and for prior dinners (giostra, aqua al duet), we decided to have dinner here. The prices were very reasonable. My wife had a salad and gnocchi (asparagus with gorgonzola) and I had a salad and penne with sausage and olives in pommodora sauce. We splurged on a 30 euro chianti classic. A delicious dinner for 65 euro total! I highly recommend this local authentic trattoria. We sat next to a couple from Holland who were equally satisfied.